751 bobcat engine ?? anybody have experiance with a Peugeot engine ? thanks Bryan

herk

Has anyone had and experiance with Peugeot engines in a 751 bobcat ??was thier a choice of engines?? Peugeot or Kubota. ThanksBryan

Has anyone had and experiance with Peugeot engines in a 751 bobcat ??was thier a choice of engines?? Peugeot or Kubota. ThanksBryan
From a bit of a web searching 751 Bobcat, it looks like Kubota was an option, instead of the base Peugeot.

I would ask why a well-known name like Bobcat would use a Peugeot engine, but then I remembered that this is the same company that was notorious for using Mando alternators, that readily converted to a replacement Delco. 🤨

I would ask why a well-known name like Bobcat would use a Peugeot engine, but then I remembered that this is the same company that was notorious for using Mando alternators, that readily converted to a replacement Delco. 🤨
Price, the Kubota was an option + $$

I worked on one. Not a big fan of them. They used a timing belt to run the camshaft and injection pump. Snow and ice from plowing snow would get in to the timing belt area and cause it to jump time and trash the valves.

KUBVOTA 10 to 1 Peugeot no parts support and sorry engine do not buy one

Yes that is kinda what I thought about Peugeot, I am going to buy it and if all else fails I am going to put a V1902 Kabota in it from a refer unit I repowered my Owatonna 1700 years ago when the perkins died , I think the timing belt jumped as the guy that has it said it just stopped now it turns over very easy so I suppose the valves are bent . Thanks for the info . Bryan

Yes that is kinda what I thought about Peugeot, I am going to buy it and if all else fails I am going to put a V1902 Kabota in it from a refer unit I repowered my Owatonna 1700 years ago when the perkins died , I think the timing belt jumped as the guy that has it said it just stopped now it turns over very easy so I suppose the valves are bent . Thanks for the info . Bryan
The only 751 I ever saw had a hole in the block where it threw a rod. I mentioned this to salesman at Bobcat and he said stay away from Peugeot engines. Save yourself some trouble and get a 753, they have a Kubota 43 hp engine.

Before you strike off the Peugeot XUD read up a bit on Wikipedia. If it the same as 751 engine they are used in all manor is autos from several countries. Parts are not difficult in Europe.Over 10 million produced. Have fun.

The xud engine when put in cars outlast the car body(rust), at least 400k km or 250k miles. Only one to stay away is the 2.1L,due to the Lucas Epic injection pump.
Maybe they are not good skid steer engine,but with proper maintenance (timing belt, replace heating plugs on time andfo not use ether), they should last a while.

Reefer engine is NOT a good choice, I see it all time but reefer engines run 24/7 and always have high hours. See folks buy them and when they go down block already bored out ., beside that you will be hunting a back plate , diffrent oil pan and governor to put it in, just find a standard v1902 you will be time and money ahead

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back