8n oil pressure relief valve plunger view

Low oil pressure, 5 # max at high rpm, so I removed the pressure relief valve for inspection.
What it looks like is that the plunger has a flaw. Can someone tell me if it is,
thumbnail_IMG_9360.jpg
ok?
Joe

Good to hear that helped. That oil pressure is not great, but you know that. You might try ordering a new spring for the relief valve and see it that helps. Otherwise you might start planning for a rebuild.

Good to hear that helped. That oil pressure is not great, but you know that. You might try ordering a new spring for the relief valve and see it that helps. Otherwise you might start planning for a rebuild.
Thanks, I will try a new spring. Long story short version. I am helping my son in-law fix up his gramps tractor and after getting it running, I noticed the oil pressure issue. After talking to his dad, he had the engine rebuilt about 2 years ago. He said that he has not used it much and said that is the way he got it back from the rebuilder. Bad deal he should have taken it back right then. Oh well I'll try the new spring but don't have a good feeling about the whole thing.
Thanks you guys for the help,
Joe

Thanks, I will try a new spring. Long story short version. I am helping my son in-law fix up his gramps tractor and after getting it running, I noticed the oil pressure issue. After talking to his dad, he had the engine rebuilt about 2 years ago. He said that he has not used it much and said that is the way he got it back from the rebuilder. Bad deal he should have taken it back right then. Oh well I'll try the new spring but don't have a good feeling about the whole thing.
Joe
Make sure the restriction is in the line to the oil filter.

Joe
Also try a different gauge.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back