A math problem

(quoted from post at 14:44:32 06/13/23) I will go with the theory that the op meant the field is rectangle with square corners and say 96 acres

Yes, it was easy for me to understand his question.

Easy to figure it out the way others have indicated, but I have a little hand held GPS that you can travel the perimeter of a piece of property , any shape, and it will calculate the acreage.

(quoted from post at 22:31:41 06/13/23) If you are building a house square means 90* corners. But in mathematics, (this is a math problem by title) square means four equal sides with four 90* corners. Rectangle would have been the proper term in this case.
Apparently Sponge Bob Square Pants has brain washed him. If you look close you will see SBSP is actually wearing rectangle pants. I tell kids dont be fooled his name, it should be Sponge Bob Rectangle Pants to more accurately reflect his attire.
xactly!

Of interest (and referring to some of the later replies) is the fact that since the field in this case is enclosed by 4 straight sides, it is geometrically (and most generally) defined as being a quadrilateral. Then it is defined as being a 'parallelogram' (a type of quadrilateral with opposite sides parallel to each other). Finally, it is a 'rectangle' (a type of parallelogram with 90 degree corners).

Worth noting (but of no importance in this discussion) is that a 'square' field is actually a 'rectangle' where all four sides are of equal length.

THEN there are related shapes like trapezoids, rhombuses, kites, etc. but that is another story.

Cat Guy ..... I'm thinking you interpreted the field(s) information differently than most of the rest of us did.

From CNN just now related to measuring!!!!:Mont Saint-Michel is a famous tourist monastery on the west coast of France.
I dont think its a good thing for the shopkeepers, hoteliers and restaurants because they simply cant keep up with the customer demand. Mont Saint-Michel is a square kilometer in circumference, and one shopping street. When you put more than 5,000 people at a specific time on the street, I dont think its very pleasant, Velter said. Jim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back