adjust old computer monitor?

Good afternoon: I have three old monitors that were used with Windows computers. One I really would like to put back in service is a DELL E770S. Says MFD. March 2001. The screen works fairly well, except the picture is off to the left and I need to read that part of the screen. can anyone suggest help for adjusting this monitor? Thanks for suggestions!

Possibly, in the monitor menu, is a setting for "auto adjust". Typically, that adjusts the screen contents to center. If things still spill over the edges, then the computer OS's resolution might be too small or big.

Possibly, in the monitor menu, is a setting for "auto adjust". Typically, that adjusts the screen contents to center. If things still spill over the edges, then the computer OS's resolution might be too small or big.
Hello, zuhnc:
If I turn the monitor on with no cable from computer, can I then do any sort of calibration?

I think it needs to be connected to a live video card.
Hi, John P; I found the cable did need to be connected, and the computer running. Then by experimenting, I found how to use the four small buttons on front of monitor to make some adjustments. The picture is now centered left vs. right. Thanks for the encouragement!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back