Advanced Search not Searching everywhere?

stevieb49829

Yesterday, I had the occasion to follow up on a query about where Steve@Advance disappeared to. I went into Search, put in Steve's handle from the drop-down menu and the search said his last post was in late February, contrary to his actual posts in Community throughout March. Did I push the wrong buttons, or is this something that is restricted in the program? Sorry, one steve counting 2 steves as one. Maybe Steve@Advance is really mia? steve

Maybe, looks like he might have been a victim of the First Message filter based on what he said in his last post on the 22nd. He said his posts rolled off the page because of the new format, though that is the opposite. They roll off because of people using the First message filter. It's a destructive change which I am responsible for, but persists because some want to hold on to the old sort order for threads.

Maybe I do not understand the meaning of First Message filter.
I read Steves post the day he posted it and this is the way I took it.
Steve would post a music video.
The post got very few if any replies even though many viewed the post.
This new forum was set up (at the time) to where people replying to older post would get moved to the top.
Since Steves post got few replies it pushed his post down the page and maybe on page 2.
Steve felt it was pointless posting if his post got quickly moved to the bottom of the page.
So with my understanding of what First message filter means....
Steve was not a victim of the First Message filter.
He was a victim of not having the First Message filter.
I believe this all happened before the new forum was changed to allow some of us to use the First Message filter.

Over the weekend I rebuilt the site caches and we should see improved search functionality throughout the whole site. Hopefully this addresses your issue.

Thanks!

Maybe I do not understand the meaning of First Message filter.
I read Steves post the day he posted it and this is the way I took it.
Steve would post a music video.
The post got very few if any replies even though many viewed the post.
This new forum was set up (at the time) to where people replying to older post would get moved to the top.
Since Steves post got few replies it pushed his post down the page and maybe on page 2.
Steve felt it was pointless posting if his post got quickly moved to the bottom of the page.
So with my understanding of what First message filter means....
Steve was not a victim of the First Message filter.
He was a victim of not having the First Message filter.
I believe this all happened before the new forum was changed to allow some of us to use the First Message filter.
A little bit of correction to your very last sentence,, John. The new format allowed the use of First Message filter from the get-go, but you had to turn it on each time you moved between the forums. Admin changed that to fix my squeaky wheel, whereby you can now make it the way your profile operates. That point is moot. I believe the rest of what you are saying is exactly why Steve quit posting his "Ear Worms".

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back