And so it starts

flying belgian

1st cut alfalfa nicollet county Mn.
1000003604.jpg
1000003605.jpg
1000003606.jpg
1000003603.jpg

One of neighbors mowed a whole lot of hay last week and green wrapped it, in about 2-3 days, here in Northern KY. All our hay is ready to cut now, but rain is forecast for 2 weeks and it has rained for a week already. We've had better/warmer spring weather than we've had for 5yrs, and will have a good crop when it stops raining. Mark.

Good looking field of hay. What is your plan, wet bale, dry bale, or chop? I put most of my hay in a bunker silo back in my cattle days. Hay in our area got a slow start this spring because of dry weather. Good rains the past two weeks has really perked it up. Probably about a week before we start cutting here.
I will bale this in small squares. I've had some of my customers waiting for 2 weeks already. I like to take the first cutting early. Not so stemmy.

One of neighbors mowed a whole lot of hay last week and green wrapped it, in about 2-3 days, here in Northern KY. All our hay is ready to cut now, but rain is forecast for 2 weeks and it has rained for a week already. We've had better/warmer spring weather than we've had for 5yrs, and will have a good crop when it stops raining. Mark.
60% rain on weds. That should give me just enough time to get it baled up.

It doesn't quit raining lately long enough to plant let alone get hay up. Got about half the corn planted and rain off. It was dry enough one day and by the time I could have got the planter to the filed it was raining again. Rain today for most of the day a break for an hour at 10 then rain again at 11 then break till 2or 3 out to 6or 7 then clear for the night and to morrow then rain Monday and Tuesday clear and rain again Friday.

I just bought an early '90's CIH 895 with cab to pull my 5x4 hay baler. I really like it. Makes much tighter/squarer round bales than my previous 65 hp baling tractor. Last year I bought a 395 for my shredder puller and liking it due to its ruggedness, put me in the market for the 895. My first 2 tractors were Red and i am just now getting back to them from blue and green.

I just bought an early '90's CIH 895 with cab to pull my 5x4 hay baler. I really like it. Makes much tighter/squarer round bales than my previous 65 hp baling tractor. Last year I bought a 395 for my shredder puller and liking it due to its ruggedness, put me in the market for the 895. My first 2 tractors were Red and i am just now getting back to them from blue and green.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240511_132251_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240511_132251_Chrome.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 8

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back