Another interesting phenomenon

You don't like McDonald's fries? You really should get that checked out by a doctor..
I like the fries, but I liked them more before they changed to the "healthier" fry oil.
I like the fish sandwich also, or use to, Have not had one in 20 years I think.

What peeves me is the blatantly false advertising of the food pictures compared to the food you get.
And that goes for every single fast food brand there is.

I remember a gal from a class in college who was a vegetarian. She would show up to class with a fast food double burger and then take both patties off and give them to me. She would eat the bun with the condiments. I asked her why she didnt just get a single. She replied because I liked the patties so much. Wierd, but ttrue.

I predict no fewer than three will respond with "I don't eat that slop" or some similar sentiment. Frankly good for them It takes all kinds to make the world go round. You stick to your fancy ribeye steaks 3 meals a day. There's a saying, all work and no junk food makes Jack a dull boy...

The fish sandwich isn't my favorite, probably due to traumas suffered on Fridays during Lent in my youth, but I do like to indulge in a #7 combo for lunch every once in a while. Two cheeseburgers and a medium fries. I don't eat 'em for the fine quality beef, mostly it's for the pickles and onions.
I'll be one of the three. The last McDonald's I ate at was in Fort Morgan, Colorado in March, 1987. I got food poisoning. To be fair, I once worked with a fellow from out there and he said the food at that McDonald's always did taste a bit different from others.

BTW, it doesn't take all kinds, we just have all kinds.

Now that I've probably gotten myself in hot water for the day, I'll shut up.

McDonald's french fries became famous for their flavor due to McDonald's using tallow (beef fat) in their deep fryers. The gobernut told them not to do that no more due to trans fat. They went looking for a chemist that could come up with a chemical to add to peanut and vegetable oil that would make them taste like deep fried tallow flavored taters.

Acrylamide.. Say you don't smoke. But you have no problems eating chemicals found in cigarettes.

McDonald's french fries became famous for their flavor due to McDonald's using tallow (beef fat) in their deep fryers. The gobernut told them not to do that no more due to trans fat. They went looking for a chemist that could come up with a chemical to add to peanut and vegetable oil that would make them taste like deep fried tallow flavored taters.

Acrylamide.. Say you don't smoke. But you have no problems eating chemicals found in cigarettes.
Wowza, you've got that more than a little mixed up.

McD used to fry in tallow, that is correct. They moved away from that largely due to the vegetarians who mistakenly thought the fries were a vegetarian option even though McD had never claimed such.

Trans fats are primarily found in hydrogenated shortenings, margerines and the like. Deep fryers generally use liquid oils and thus deep fryer oil rarely ever contains much in the way of trans fats.

Acrylamide is produced when starchy foods i.e. potatoes are cooked at high temperatures i.e. deep frying. Whether you fry the potatoes in tallow, Canola oil or peanut oil you will be forming acrylamides. Acrylamides are a relatively recently discovered potential health hazard.

Few if any restaurants, particularly the big chains will be frying anything in peanut oil due to the high incidence of peanut allergy in the population (which is partly due to bad parenting advice from doctors), and the generally bad PR a restaurant gets when they inadvertently kill some of their customers.

The FDA's data from 2011 documented acrylamide levels in not just McDonald's french fries, but also similar levels of the substance in french fries from Burger King, Checkers, Chick-fil-A, KFC, Sonic, Wendy's and other restaurants. In other words, McDonald's was not a unique case in this regard. Rather, McDonald's was singled out by whoever started the viral rumor about acrylamide, when that person just as easily could have chosen to name any other restaurant.

As the FDA described on its website, the substance forms through a natural chemical reaction between sugars and asparagine, an amino acid, in plant-based foods – including potato and cereal-grain-based foods.

Acrylamide has been shown to cause cancer in animals exposed to very high doses, and although there is no consistent epidemiological evidence on the effect of acrylamide from food consumption on cancer in humans, both the U.S. National Toxicology Program and the Joint Food and Agriculture Organization/World Health Organization Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA) consider acrylamide to be a human health concern.
Acrylamide exposure can be detected by testing for the presence of acrylamide markers in the blood. According to scientists at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, markers of acrylamide exposure can be found in the blood of 99.9% of the U.S. population; however, finding these markers does not imply that their presence will result in adverse health effects.
As new research on the effect of acrylamide exposure becomes available, FDA experts will consider it in their continued evaluation of the risk that acrylamide may pose to human health.

whoever started the viral rumor about acrylamide, when that person just as easily could have chosen to name any other restaurant.
...Or personal kitchen. If you've ever fried any starchy food at home, even breakfast hash browns made from your own home grown potatoes and fried in your own home grown and pressed corn oil, you produced acrylamides. It has nothing to do with restaurants beyond the prevalence of french fries and other fried starchy foods in restaurants.

I predict no fewer than three will respond with "I don't eat that slop" or some similar sentiment. Frankly good for them It takes all kinds to make the world go round. You stick to your fancy ribeye steaks 3 meals a day. There's a saying, all work and no junk food makes Jack a dull boy...

The fish sandwich isn't my favorite, probably due to traumas suffered on Fridays during Lent in my youth, but I do like to indulge in a #7 combo for lunch every once in a while. Two cheeseburgers and a medium fries. I don't eat 'em for the fine quality beef, mostly it's for the pickles and onionsLast time I went to MDs , I ordered a large fry and they gs

I like McDonalds restaurants. I especially like the fish sandwich and a small senior coffee. Yesterday I ordered my usual. Imagine how surprised I was when the piece of fish was perfectly centered on the bun, and the slice of cheese was not stuck to the cardboard container. Could this have been a mistake? Could someone care? Your thoughts. Ellis
First day on the job, don't worry , they will learn how to mess it up.

Try a Culvers Fish sandwich Had one yesterday that was less money and 2.5 times bigger fish as well as less remanufactured. I do enjoy a Quarter Pounder/cheese onions only. Jim
I was going to make a similar comment. Culver’s fish is pretty good. I just can’t seem to eat it without having evidence on my shirt for the rest of the day.

Used to like McD's fries, now they seem to have a chemical aftertaste. I strongly prefer Borger King fries, and the Whopper.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back