Another John Deere

My son asked me to find a smaller tractor for working their garden with a rotor tiller. A friend of mine made an offer on three JD tractors and ended up with them. This is one of them. Great little 420 U. I think it will work well.

Attachments

• IMG_3678.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 341
  • IMG_3677.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 263
My son asked me to find a smaller tractor for working their garden with a rotor tiller. A friend of mine made an offer on three JD tractors and ended up with them. This is one of them. Great little 420 U. I think it will work well.
Have a 420W and only problem I have is that the starter sticks occasionally but easy to remedy by loosening the mounting bolt and it releases it. Might need to remove it and check the drive. Starts and runs like a champ. Like the 3-pt as it is very sensitive and easy to adjust up and down, but like most of these models, the rock shaft housing leaks and have to add hyd oil most every time I use it.

I have one just like it, raked a lot of hay. Surprising amount of guts for the size.

You'll wish you had live PTO with a roto tiller.

those are the one that go putt putt putt. not like the old D that goes puff puff pist pist .lol.

those are the one that go putt putt putt. not like the old D that goes puff puff pist pist .lol.
We had one when I was in FFA in high school donated by the local JD dealership. Nice small tractor but don't know if it would work too good on a tiller though. Sure do like your shop.

Is the 1 3/4MPH first gear slow enough for a rototiller?

Is the 1 3/4MPH first gear slow enough for a rototiller?
I hope so. However if it isn’t I will trade my son a Massey Harris Ferguson 50 that has lots of slow gears.

Attachments

• IMG_1665.jpeg
    IMG_1665.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1664.jpeg
    IMG_1664.jpeg
    761.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1666.jpeg
    IMG_1666.jpeg
    821.1 KB · Views: 17

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back