attn-Dieseltech--[re, lucas pump timing]

mite-help

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction on the lucas pump. pulling pump off today, take to pump shop. you are right-on all the way. the case/cummins I had done, had this same pin/oblong plate, it would engage--lock @ proper spot. I first thought pump had been repaired, using wrong shaft-Ha---my buddy @ shop says it gets worse than this one to set up. Thanks for sharing your knowledge---

I wish the pumps would use marks on the drive hub like they used to. Seems like I see MORE mistakes removing/replacing pumps now than forty years ago. Lock timing is not really hard, but most are not really used to the concept. Most common mistake is unlocking the pump shaft BEFORE it should be, lots of Bosch VE pumps have that happen. Another is starting the engine BEFORE the pins are pulled, just repaired a JD P pump timing tab, owner had it all set up, drive gear bolts tight, but left the lock pin through the hub. Wadded the timing plate behind the hub really well..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back