Auxiliary control valve on 5000

I have a 5000 SOS with two sets of remotes. I was flailing the orchard with a 3 pt mounted mower and when I finished I lifted the
mower to cross the bridge. On the other side, I attempted to lower the mower to mow the lane back to the house but it would not drop
when I lowered the lift control lever. I noticed that when I pulled the lever to the full UP position, the draft control lever would
fall down to the draft position. Tried a few more things but could not set it down. Fast forward two weeks, tractor is in the shed
and the mower is still hanging up. Started the tractor and tried moving the lift lever to no avail. I pushed the aux control valve
IN and the mower raised a few inches. Full OUT nothing happens, but if I feather it in and out about mid-way in I can get the 3 pt to
raise and lower. That's good news because I can drop the mower to work on the tractor, but I'm not sure what's going on. For what its
worth, the hydraulic pump seems to be noisier than I remember. Any thoughts? Again , no response from the lift lever. The only
control is by feathering the ASC valve about mid-point of its travel.
cvphoto127197.jpg

Sounds like the pump is against to bypass are you sure a quick connector did not come loose to the cylinder

It's pretty safe to say that something has gone haywire inside with the internal linkage. What exactly happened is hard to say, but regardless of what happened your lift cover will need to come off and the internal mechanism inspected for damage or disconnected pieces. Just the fact that the draft control lever flops down on its own means something is definitely wrong inside.

When pulling the lift cover off, don't forget about the hidden bolt under the RH lift arm.

Many years ago on a Ford 5000 I got called out to that exact problem, it was a stuck unload valve. The only way I could get the lift to lower was to pull the Aux Control half way out and lower the quadrant lever. We had a three furrow reversible plough on the lift arms.

A stuck unload valve could explain why the arms won't come down, along with all of the extra noise, but not the draft lever flopping down. Either way, that cover needs to come off it would seem.

Cover certainly needs to come off. I'd also agree about the stuck unloader. That said, I'm quite impressed that it's still hanging after weeks, not minutes or hours lol

Rod

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back