barn find Deeres

Fordfarmer

My son rents some hay ground from a retired neighbor. He (the neighbor) is getting to the point he's ready to start selling off some of his tractors and equipment. They haven't been used in 20+ years. My son is wondering about values on the tractors. He has either a pair of B's or an A and B, a Farmall 300, and a 4010. All narrow front, all gas. The 4010 was last running about 15 years ago. Has clutch problems. (stuck? out? don't know) The 300 was running within the last 10 years. All are original paint, and shedded. (but don't take that to mean the paint is good...)
Obviously, a 4010 gas is going to be more valuable as a collector than as a worker. There is also a cab on the 4010. Cozy Cab? Can't remember for sure.

Depends on condition. Bs depend on age. Non running probably 800 a piece maybe. 4010 is very much a usable thing I just rebuilt 2 a 3020 and a 4020 for the neighborhood hay gurus. They love those because you can snag half a tractor from the junkyard when one gets trashed for little of nothing. Non running depends on condition. Half of it either engine or transmission side is 1500 bucks. Complete 2500 to 3000. Running with an unstuck clutch and a cab with functioning heat 5000 to 6 it’s a gas it won’t bring much even all dolled up. Somebody else will chime in with the red I’m sure

My son rents some hay ground from a retired neighbor. He (the neighbor) is getting to the point he's ready to start selling off some of his tractors and equipment. They haven't been used in 20+ years. My son is wondering about values on the tractors. He has either a pair of B's or an A and B, a Farmall 300, and a 4010. All narrow front, all gas. The 4010 was last running about 15 years ago. Has clutch problems. (stuck? out? don't know) The 300 was running within the last 10 years. All are original paint, and shedded. (but don't take that to mean the paint is good...)
Obviously, a 4010 gas is going to be more valuable as a collector than as a worker. There is also a cab on the 4010. Cozy Cab? Can't remember for sure.
If I got such a 4010 it would receive a 6620/7720 combine engine so I could put it to work. All the tractors assuming good condition would be good to have around. Really hard to set a value when you don't know the true condition because they sat for a while. They might need a battery and fresh fuel assuming the engines are not stuck. They might need quite a bit more. On the low side they are worth at least 1,000 dollars each at least around here. Something has to be pretty bad to sell for less given the current market.

If I got such a 4010 it would receive a 6620/7720 combine engine so I could put it to work. All the tractors assuming good condition would be good to have around. Really hard to set a value when you don't know the true condition because they sat for a while. They might need a battery and fresh fuel assuming the engines are not stuck. They might need quite a bit more. On the low side they are worth at least 1,000 dollars each at least around here. Something has to be pretty bad to sell for less given the current market.
I know I didn't give much info to go on. The neighbor would have done much better to have sold them when he quit using them... but he had ( or still has!) this idea that someone will buy his little place lock, stock, and barrel.

Maybe I have to start a business hauling tractors to the East coast. For a non running Farmall 300 $1000 is fairly lofty price in most areas of the Midwest, $500 -$700 would be closer. Stating your location would be helpful.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back