Black ink only printer

Dieseltech

Is there a black ink only printer made today that will work on occasional use? I don't need a color printer. If so, what's the best make/model for home use?

Laser printer for sure! The only way to go if you don’t need color! Can sit for months and months, no worries.

Brother has been one of the best options out there for a lot of years now, been very happy with the several we have.

Paul
Laser is the only way to go if you need color too! Refills can be spendy, but last a really long time.

As I’m aware of, all home consumer laser printers use typing type paper sheets. Nothing special about the paper.

They don’t like heavier card thickness paper, but most allow single sheet feeding to accommodate a few pages of that.

Many/ most have options for legal size, and envelope sizes with single feeding in addition to the regular stack of 50-200 sheets they hold in their paper tray. The details on this depend on the model and brand.

The typical Brother models you see in Best Buy, Walmart, etc are a scanner, copier, printer which is very handy for all such operations.

Paul

Is there a black ink only printer made today that will work on occasional use? I don't need a color printer. If so, what's the best make/model for home use?
I have HP and Brother Mono laser printers, Both are dependable printers. The toner cartridges last about
18 months for me.

Every liquid ink printer I have owned has been great when used 4 to 5 times a week for more than one page. They all blow ink into a reservoir when going through a cleaning cycle. That in itself wastes quantities of ink. I have used laser based printers in my office, and now my home as well. They can be shut off for months and started with zero delay or plugged nozzles (they don't have nozzles) Brother brand lasers are good. Jim

I have an hp black only. It gets infrequent heavy use in tax time and for a manual or two. I’ve had it for 10 years I think before that i had 3 inkjet in as many years. It uses normal paper. All the ink tank printers my wife has had I think this is the 3rd one of those too. I’ve put 3 big toner cartridges in and I don’t remember how many pages that is but it’s a lot. The toner costs almost as much as printer did but the new printer only comes with a 1/4 filled toner cartridge so the scam is the scam no getting around it

Brother HL-L2370 DW is what I have. I've had this for 4 or 5 years and love it. I've only bought the toner and ink once. I got the model that prints on both sides which is a real paper saver. For black only, you'll love it. Larry

Laser for me. I ditched the ink jets, and also Canon printers in general after I got the “ waste ink tank full” message. No way to use the printer after that.

Suggest you consider a color laser. Initial cost is similar to a B&W only these days and if you indeed only print B&W the initial supply of CMY toners will last a long time since they don't age much and you will have color capability when you do need it. You will only be replacing the Black toner cartridge regularly so operating cost will be about the same as a B&W only. Brother or HP are both good.

Brother HL-L2370 DW is what I have. I've had this for 4 or 5 years and love it. I've only bought the toner and ink once. I got the model that prints on both sides which is a real paper saver. For black only, you'll love it. Larry
I have the same one and very happy I ditched the ink printers.

I have a HP laser jet p 1102 w it sets in the middle of the shop lives in a shop environment its 8 years old printed a zillion copy's. I use cheap toner $25 gets you two cartages. Its paid for its self in ink cost the downside the start up coast is not cheap : (

My sister had problems with an ink jet printer because she hardly ever used it. Bought her a laser printer and never an issue. I think she has had two years and still on the starter cartridge.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back