Bucket List pictures Let's go to Prague

For those who have been following along after leaving Vienna, Austria we drove to the Czech Republic and to the city of Prague. Since the formation of the European Union there are virtually no boarders where you would normally stop and show your pass port to enter the country. That being said when you cross into a former communist block country you don't need any signs to tell you that it is a completely different history lesson. The city of Prague is very beautiful, clean, productive and upscale city with a very proud and historic past. Our hotel was right near the city square and I don't remember ever staying in a more elaborate place in my life. I will include some pictures of the lobby and the lady that played beautiful love songs on the harp while we were having breakfast every morning. Many food venders in the city square with their rotisserie hams on the wood fired grill and if you notice a small roller chain in one of the pictures that slowly turns the cone cakes. These cone cakes are like an inverted doughnut and they either ice the inside with chocolate or vanilla icing or fill it with ice cream. You can either walk, take a Sedgewick, rent a bicycle or jump in the buggy and the horses will show you the city while the driver tells you what you are seeing. Again music, food, flowers and gifts everywhere. Hope that I am not boring any one with all these posts. Just thought some might enjoy the ride. Tom
a242879.jpg

a242880.jpg

a242881.jpg

a242882.jpg

a242883.jpg

a242884.jpg

a242885.jpg

a242886.jpg

a242887.jpg

a242888.jpg

a242889.jpg

a242890.jpg

a242891.jpg

a242892.jpg

a242894.jpg

a242895.jpg

a242896.jpg

a242897.jpg

a242898.jpg

a242899.jpg

It really is gorgeous, and I've heard its a great place to go. I wonder how those beautiful buildings escaped being bombed into oblivion in WWII?

Some friends want us to go on a river cruise in Croatia next summer. About 10 grand, total, with plane fare. Mrs. Shoo and I thought about it, and decided to take our 3 kids and 7 grandkids to Disneyland instead. Would like to go to Germany and Sweden to see our relatives, but maybe next year (when plane fares are supposed to go way down- we'll see about that).

I absolutely loved my visit to Prague. It's such a beautiful city and one that had little bomb damage during the war. It merits, for me at least, more visits as i barely had time to see it all in my visit.

My cousins daughter and sil moved to Prague a coupla years ago. My cousin and her husband flew there to help them get settled. Cuz started feeling poorly and long story short, she had to have a heart transplant. The doctors told her if this would have happened in the USA, because we have access to methods and drugs your FDA has not approved, you would not have made it. She's back in the USA now..Took a year to recover enough to travel.

Tom, just looking at these pictures make me think I was along for the trip. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more. Thanks again.

wonderful ,,.sure beats the ww2 days for sure ,, so glad that beauty, art , elegance is what all want to have now days . those folx never want that to happen again

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back