Bucket List

Mark W.

How many of you have em? I would love to participate in a big time corn harvest in the fall and an elk hunt. I would also like to witness all the large farming operations out west. Not that many here in NW PA.

I wish the phrase "bucket list" would disappear. A symptom of the aging yuppie generation who are now all hung up on their "mortality" and talk about nothing else. It implies a finality that I am just not willing to accept. If I want to go elk hunting in my 70's, dangit, then I will go elk hunting! Always with the idea that the following year I will still be here and maybe I will do something else...like alligator wrestling maybe.

(quoted from post at 07:00:22 05/18/17) How many of you have em? I would love to participate in a big time corn harvest in the fall and an elk hunt. I would also like to witness all the large farming operations out west. Not that many here in NW PA.

An easy one would be driving to Alaska, but my wife isn't on board with that. The big one would be spending a month or so in Australia...

Henry Ford Museum.

Jay Lenno's garage.

The German submarine in Chicago.

Alaska cruise (as long as I don't get cold).

A tropical island.

Dave, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning????----Tee
a160488.jpg

I would like to take my wife on a road trip to a lake in the Adirondacks,rent a cabin and a boat.Would add stopping in to see Loren on the bucket list too...Hope we get to do it someday...

I only have one and that is to own a champion English Setter. To be specific a setter that competes in horseback shooting dog stakes. I just spent three years having my setter with a top trainer and although she did very well she was never named a champion. I'm a bit disappointed but I have my gal back home with me and I am enjoying her immensely.

I know you have some health issues but just do it as soon as you can. Beware of blackfly season and noseeum season otherwise you will love it.

I did the Elk Hunt twice, In Colorado Arapaho National Forest.. Totally AWESOME Air is thin but the view is outstanding!!!
Up there the birds don't know what you are & they will eat right off your dinner plate.

I have been a lot of places and done and seen a lot of things most people never will but I would like to visit more National Parks, those special places like Yellowstone, Yosemite ect ect

I only have a mental bucket list. The elk hunt sounds like a good time and I'd like to go. I've always wanted to visit the 4 corners region and this spring we are finally going. Alaska is another one on my list. Lower down on the list are some civil war battlefields, maybe Idaho or washington. Mostly places with less people and outdoor things.

Crossed one off my list last summer with doing the full monte road trip to Alaska with my truck and 5th wheel trailer. On the road for 87 days and 12,550 miles.

Friends signed up for spending a month or so on a sheep ranch in AU for room and board. The host was great and barely let them do any work even though they were experienced farmers. They spent 6 months travelling AU; had a great time.

While getting a C/T scan the technician is telling me hes going to Schroon Lake in Schroon NY for a week this summer,he said you can rent a small house on the lake,and there is a marina that will rent you a pontoon boat for the week,,they will bring it right to the shore dock and park it near your cottage.Have you ever heard of Schroon Lake?

(quoted from post at 10:52:27 05/18/17) I'm not able to do anything on my bucket list, so I just endure.
Most wait to long couple years back did the alaska canada hwy from home in ky to Anchorage then in to utah colo 10,000 in sidney nb waithing out the storm before heading on to meeker to visit family fith wheel hi winds all acrosss ill iowa on us34 now 80 34 across iowa nice drive and I enjoyed the country still lot grown to be planted

i'd like to drive out west, see the rocky mountains, grand canyon, old faithful, carlsbad cavers and all that other stuff out there. prolly end up going myself as swmbo doesnt like driving, she'd rather fly. all i need is a big sack of money and a new extended cab pickup!!!

Not sure I have a list , just some things I would maybe like to do or see. Went to the dairy Expo in WI last fall , and the headed east to the civil war sites in PA. Always wanted to do these things , and did them . I have thought Hawaii would be a nice once in a life time trip , but long flight and many $$$. I love the mid west and would like to drive west through the U.S. to the Pacific , then back up into Canada , and head east across the prairie and home.

Yes been through there it is right along the Northway (I87) but haven't spent any time there. Not really the heart of the mountains. I have stayed at Big Moose Lake, Saranac Lake, and Lake Placid numerous times. I always found Lake Placid a very friendly place and it has many amenities if you like good food ect. There are lots of things to do and see in the Daks if you look. I'm sure many places rent boats and cabins since tourism is the mainstay in many areas.
I have hiked a number of peaks, visited Ausable Chasm, Fort Ticonderoga, gone to the lumber jack competition in Tupper Lake, and of course skied at Whiteface numerous times, once the weekend after the Olympics concluded.
If you ever plan a trip and have questions I may be able to steer you in the right direction. I haven't been going that way for a while since our boys have moved west, we visit them out there now.
I hope all goes well with your health issues. I have said it before SWMBO had rare aggressive breast cancer involving I think 7 lymph nodes she did all the chemo radiation ect and is doing well 18 years later. Gotta go if you ever want to get in touch we can exchange emails phone numbers whatever.

Larry I go through Schroon Lake every year to a campground further north. Nice area. Lots to do, just not what I like. My sons. grandson and my self like to hike the high peaks.

I've made great progress on my bucket list within the past few years.

Currently, there is only one project remaining, but occasionally something is added.

Dean

Maybe! Just don't care for the concept of making a list like that. Truth is I sit in my office and listen to one guy after another lamenting his mortality. Gets old. Don't make a list based on your fear of the approaching end...just live your life.

We went to Hawaii once to visit wife's brother. I was not impressed! Just a tiny island, had to be careful where we went so we didn't get robbed. The wind blows all of the time; for a guy that is allergic to a lot of airborne things I didn't like that wind. The only place I enjoyed was the zoo; it was kind of sheltered from the wind so it was pleasant to be outside looking at the animals. Enjoyed staying in the air conditioned hotel room more than being outside in the wind. My wife has been over a couple times since to visit her brother; I stayed home.

Well...... Ill be 72 Saturday, On My 16th Birthday My Uncle and Aunt walked up Stone Mountain in Atlanta Ga,, and That's what I plan to Do This sat the 20th... looking forward to it!! Larry in Gainesville Ga!

I like your concept. I just turned 80, still substitute drive school bus, am on Board of Directors of an Ag organization, play electric bass in a 5 piece music group, trying to write a book about farming in North Dakota in the 40-to-60-years-ago time frame, belong to several antique machinery groups - Case, IHC, etc., mow lawn (takes 45 minutes) with a walk behind mower, look at YT and my email, even look at employment ads for the "ideal" job. (and if you buy that, - - - - etc.)

Bruce you ever do that west trip once and you will be hooked. I am 73 and busy as ever but My wife and I take about a two week round out west ever year. Lost to see and do. Thinking I may just add a tri[ up your way to my list. Only been to Canada once and it was only 70 miles in so think I could come on up a ways.

wjytexas, one of my hunting partners is 82. Don't let age stop you. I only have one leg and I still hunt. In fact we just got back from the Hell's Canyon area off of a spring bear and turkey hunt. If I ever get my daughter to help me post pictures, I will.

Kinda think I want to see the west and northeast driving.
SWiMBO hasn't caught the "bug" yet so I may have to leave her at home and run with the glennster.
Could prolly make a southern Texas run too.

When I grow up, would like to see Alaska and Hawaii

I don't have any big items on my list; I've seen a lot, done a lot and have been a lot of places. Alaska would be nice, and I always enjoy going out west. Mainly now I'm just trying to finish tidying up my place and do a few little building projects. I'm trying to organize family history and photographs as I'm the only old head remaining. Most recent bucket list thing is I've begun learning to play the banjo. Making fair progress. Wish I'd started years ago.

first get me house nightmare all done started oct 2015. then do the ride/drive nascar stock car around daytona or talladega speedway.train ride thru the rockies and the glass train ride thru the canadian rockies

"[b:654c4848f0][i:654c4848f0]Could prolly make a southern Texas run too.[/i:654c4848f0][/b:654c4848f0]"

Hope that includes a stop at <a href="https://youtu.be/7-xFgrwJypo">The Howell Family Farm</a> in NE Texas.

I'm with JerryS -- I've seen enough and done enough in my life to where I don't have a lot of other desires now. All I wanna do now is work on the "endless" list of home projects and stay here with the Better Half!! I won't speak for her, but I believe she feels the same.

nothing wrong with a bucket list. mine is rather short.
Little Big Horn
Pearl Harbor
Big Ben
and a M Farmall with a 4 row cultivator.

well, I got to go to Big Bend several years ago, and well as for the M with a 4 row take a look. it ain't an M but it will do...I'm happy

48970.jpg

sorry for the sideways photo.
Bass
Armor, USA(ret)

48970.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back