Burned tractor

DeltaRed

Just got off the phone. A ggod friend just informed me that his 1466 burned up last night. Sitting out in front of the shop. The engine is ok(he thinks),the tires wer'nt hurt but the rest is toast.He thinks it was an electrical issue.We just never know.....

Just got off the phone. A ggod friend just informed me that his 1466 burned up last night. Sitting out in front of the shop. The engine is ok(he thinks),the tires wer'nt hurt but the rest is toast.He thinks it was an electrical issue.We just never know.....
That is distressing. Looking it over (I assume you will) will tell the story of reparability or parting out. I hope insurance will cover it. If it didn't boil out the Hytran most of its structure and drive line might be OK. Jim

Costs about $5 to buy a battery disconnect. If animals chew wires, or it shorts out in the middle of the night no juice.... no fire.

Attachments

• 801.png
    801.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
“the tires wer'nt hurt” .. I take it that is the rear tires? Did it burn hot enough to burn off the fuel hoses by the filter and pump? If not everything thing mechanical should be okay or a least as good as it was before the fire. If all the wiring is fried and the plastic in the cab probably not worth fixing. You would definitely put a lot more in it than it is worth.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back