Can anyone identify this loader?

TimWallace

New User
I am going to look at this 1963 JD 1010 RU tomorrow. I was looking at the pictures and I realized I did not recognize the loader on it. Can anyone identify it from the attached picture? I need to determine how much it can lift before I buy it. EDIT: obviously it has a plow on instead of the bucket in the attached picture.

Attachments

• JD1010WithUnknownLoader.jpg
    JD1010WithUnknownLoader.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I am going to look at this 1963 JD 1010 RU tomorrow. I was looking at the pictures and I realized I did not recognize the loader on it. Can anyone identify it from the attached picture? I need to determine how much it can lift before I buy it. EDIT: obviously it has a plow on instead of the bucket in the attached picture.
Don't know the manufacturer. shape kind of looks like Davis but I don't think the boom arms had vertical bars embossed in them.

It appears the plow is mounted to ears inside the manure bucket (less tines). It looks like part of a latch in the center of the frame above the bucket so it may have been a trip bucket converted to a hydraulic bucket. Which means it was likely single acting lift cylinders which have been converted to hydraulic as well.

Don't know the manufacturer. shape kind of looks like Davis but I don't think the boom arms had vertical bars embossed in them.

It appears the plow is mounted to ears inside the manure bucket (less tines). It looks like part of a latch in the center of the frame above the bucket so it may have been a trip bucket converted to a hydraulic bucket. Which means it was likely single acting lift cylinders which have been converted to hydraulic as well.
Thanks for the information, Jim. I ended up buying the tractor in the picture. The previous owner did use the bucket to which to attach the plow, as you stated, but the bucket is attached to hydraulics now. It also came with another bucket, so I will swap out the plow for it (I have no need for a plow). The tractor does have a nice aftermarket hydraulics diverter under the seat that allows for three different modes of operation, if the fact that there are "normal", "back", and "forward" positions. I actually had not been looking for a JD, but this one was in such good condition for a fair price that I could not say "no".

Looks a lot like a Davis or Kelly loader but haven't seen one with those pieces on the loader frame....James

Last edited:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back