Carburetor Question: 58553DB

Yurysfriend

New User
Can anybody help me identify a carburetor? I have a carburetor with numbers 58553DB. It's a mystery what this is for. This looks like an SH or SM carburetor. But, it isn't.
Also, does anybody know the number of the carburetor used on the W6? Is it really the exact same number as an M? Meaning 47387 or 50983.

Attachments

• Farmall Tag.jpg
    Farmall Tag.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Can anybody help me identify a carburetor? I have a carburetor with numbers 58553DB. It's a mystery what this is for. This looks like an SH or SM carburetor. But, it isn't.
Also, does anybody know the number of the carburetor used on the W6? Is it really the exact same number as an M? Meaning 47387 or 50983.
Farmall M

One application for 58553DB was on a gasoline T-6 crawler.

Last edited:
One application for 58553DB was on a gasoline T-6 crawler.
Thank you D Slater! May I ask a follow up question? On the T-6 crawler 58553 carburetor, was the choke arm on the engine side of the carburetor, or facing outwards like a 50983 M carburetor? This 58553 number indicates that the T-6 carburetor is not exactly the same as an M carburetor.
Also, the T-6 came in 3 different versions. I wonder now if all versions used the same carburetor.
Also, do you, or anybody, know if the W6 carburetor has the same tag number as an M? Oh, I guess I already asked this in my first post.

The carburetor you have is a distillate carburetor for the 248 engine. The main jet is slightly smaller than that of the gasoline carbs for the same motor. The 248 was placed in the International T6 crawler, the Farmall M, and the McCormick Derring W6. The carburetor model number tells you what configuration the carburetor is set up for, and isn't model specific.

The carburetor you have is a distillate carburetor for the 248 engine. The main jet is slightly smaller than that of the gasoline carbs for the same motor. The 248 was placed in the International T6 crawler, the Farmall M, and the McCormick Derring W6. The carburetor model number tells you what configuration the carburetor is set up for, and isn't model specific.
Thank you 13fx!! I appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you D Slater! May I ask a follow up question? On the T-6 crawler 58553 carburetor, was the choke arm on the engine side of the carburetor, or facing outwards like a 50983 M carburetor? This 58553 number indicates that the T-6 carburetor is not exactly the same as an M carburetor.
Also, the T-6 came in 3 different versions. I wonder now if all versions used the same carburetor.
Also, do you, or anybody, know if the W6 carburetor has the same tag number as an M? Oh, I guess I already asked this in my first post.
Choke shaft of 50983DC I compared to the 58553DB that was used in the same time period. W-6 used the same carburetor numbers as a M. But things could be different with carburetors with a different suffix. Early carburetors mostly were different. Choke shafts with one screw retained butterfly and different throttle shafts. Everything looks to be the same comparing the two numbers above. At least one info shows the 58553DB has a .058 main seat size and other places .0545 that I think is probably right, same as a original 50983 DC. Measured enough of those to know that's close on the M ones. Some will be .055. But what you may run into after all time past is IH made at least 4 power improvement kits for the carburetors. Main seat, discharge nozzle, idle jet, air bleed, passage plugs and even a adjusting screw for main seat with a different angle can be found all or part. Information I have shows 58533DC is for gasoline fuel engine.

Choke shaft of 50983DC I compared to the 58553DB that was used in the same time period. W-6 used the same carburetor numbers as a M. But things could be different with carburetors with a different suffix. Early carburetors mostly were different. Choke shafts with one screw retained butterfly and different throttle shafts. Everything looks to be the same comparing the two numbers above. At least one info shows the 58553DB has a .058 main seat size and other places .0545 that I think is probably right, same as a original 50983 DC. Measured enough of those to know that's close on the M ones. Some will be .055. But what you may run into after all time past is IH made at least 4 power improvement kits for the carburetors. Main seat, discharge nozzle, idle jet, air bleed, passage plugs and even a adjusting screw for main seat with a different angle can be found all or part. Information I have shows 58533DC is for gasoline fuel engine.
Thank you. I am convinced this is a T6 carburetor. I appreciate your help and sharing your knowledge with me.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back