Case 311 steering box.

kenbob

I posted a while back that my steering box was leaking alot on my 311. Case/Chev suggested JD Corn Head grease. It took a whole tube, but now I can turn the steering wheel with one hand lock-to-lock when parked on cement. I am pretty sure I couldn't do that before, even after eating my Wheaties! Thanks Case/Chev for the great tip. I am sure that stuff won't leak out like the others did.

Something often overlooked is greasing the steering linkage, one just below the steering wheel, one under the dash, and one on the side of the torque tube of a 311. It can make a big difference if they are running dry.

Something often overlooked is greasing the steering linkage, one just below the steering wheel, one under the dash, and one on the side of the torque tube of a 311. It can make a big difference if they are running dry.
I just greased 2 out of 3. Not sure I have found the one on the torque tube.

I should have added that having 25 to 30 lbs air pressure in the front tires makes steering much easier too. I've been crippling along with some 32 year old tires and tubes on a 311, and if I don't air them up tight, it makes it a booger to steer when not moving.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back