Case 530 Series, I need an engine.

Carb123

Hello all, I bought a case 530 Loader Backhoe with a blown motor. I was told there was a 159 (Gas) to be had. I am in Prineville Oregon. I took the motor out a week ago and think I am getting stiffed. I guess it only matters if I can't find another one. I hear I can use a Diesel 188 in this machine also. I am not sure what years will interchange with this really a 540, gas engine, I need a motor for this tractor. I am 99% sure it is a 1960. the Backhoe and Loader on it is a model 31, there is serial numbers on them but not the tractor itself. I used to, back in the day the 1960s, 70s 80s even 91 I think that was about the end of working on old clunkers. Anyhow a person could put any chevy tranny, manifold, head from any V8 an put it on another year V8, but I do not know about tractors. Any help would be apricated, what years will interchange with this 1960 Case 540 Loader Backhoe. It has a spun rod bearing and a hole in the block. Someone patched the hole and put a new rod and rod bearing in it and the bearing spun, they did not turn the crank, I have a theory, but it is just a theory. Did I mention I need a running motor, well I do. I will use either kind diesel or gas, if it will fit. I have been pricing parts, but I need a motor first to get the right clutch or throw out bearing or whatever I need. It looks like the throw out bearing should go in backwards because the pump turns with the pressure plate and the throw out bearing rides on that tube. And any info you have to offer.

It will be a very difficult task to switch to a 188 Diesel because it is 1-1/2 longer. It is done sometimes with the farm tractors, but your
530CK is a different story.

Hello Carb welcome to YT! You might try these guys in
Idaho, see link. If they do not have one maybe they
know where you could get one. Does not look like
these engines fall under the economy price range.
Good luck!
General Gear

Thank you John, I had heard the diesel was 1 1/2 inches longer but that it was possible, I need to see where Steering gear and lever housing connects to engine. It is just a thought and have to see what I can get. Thanks again this is just the begaining,

Hello All, I think I found an engine, I went and looked at it today, if the inside is half as good as the outside looks, yea. It was raining so I am going Friday and start it and hopefully get it. thanks for your input. Now I need a clutch, pressure plate and a spring release bearing carrier.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back