Case 580 CK

KP54

New User
1966 580 CK. Hoe boom drifts to the right as you sit in in the digging seat when the tractor is parked on an incline. The boom can be manually pushed to the right only, whether the machine is running or not. Pedal to the right very week. Both boom cylinders have new seals. All other functions work as they should and are quite strong for the age of the machine. What might other causes be?

1966 580 CK. Hoe boom drifts to the right as you sit in in the digging seat when the tractor is parked on an incline. The boom can be manually pushed to the right only, whether the machine is running or not. Pedal to the right very week. Both boom cylinders have new seals. All other functions work as they should and are quite strong for the age of the machine. What might other causes be?
Did this same issue exist before the cylinders were re-sealed? Swing valve spool might not be exactly centered. Spring that centers it may be weak or loose. It is possible a cylinder seal got damaged during installation.

And welcome to the forums.

Thanks Jim. Should have joined a long time ago. The drift on the right started after the seal replacements. At that time I also had the shaft on both cylinders replaced due to deep gouging on them. New shafts were attached to the ends of the originals. The left side is strong and seems to be working normally. Maybe the shaft on the right is misaligned?

Thanks Jim. Should have joined a long time ago. The drift on the right started after the seal replacements. At that time I also had the shaft on both cylinders replaced due to deep gouging on them. New shafts were attached to the ends of the originals. The left side is strong and seems to be working normally. Maybe the shaft on the right is misaligned?
If it didn't drift prior to resealing that makes the resealing a suspect. Why did they need resealing? External leakage from the gouging I expect.

Correct. Leaked excessively. Went through and replaced the seals again on the one side last week and had no effect. That's why I wonder if the shaft end may have been attached off center.

I have a 67 580 with a MOD 3 point hitch. I just pulled the BH off and mounted the MOD.

I am needing yet to couple the hydraulics and the connections do not match. I know that I need to have a hose made and need advise on the plumbing of the valve body. I believe that high pressure hose that is on it is on the return side and I need pictures to validate. Can someone supply any pictures or a hydraulic schematic?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back