Case 580E 4 stick to 2 stick conversion

Hello all; I just purchased a 1984 Case 580E 2WD extendahoe and the PO threw in an extra 2 stick control tower. It looks like a factory case piece but I dont see a part number. I believe the stabilizers are in the middle. Would someone be willing to guide me thru the process of installing this piece on my machine? It looks pretty complete except stabilizer knobs are missing. What would control the extendahoe with this setup?

You won't get the extendahoe to work as part of the two levers, it will require an extra lever, unless you get it set up with an electric control switch to press with your thumb. I was always used to the John Deere two lever set up prior to my first Case backhoe. What I did as a compromise was to swap the left and the right lever function, leaving the dipper function in the center. Somehow I have found it very easy to operate this way. My excavator is now Cat control so I suppose I could run original Case controls if I wanted to, but on the Case I like having the boom control on the left and the bucket curl on the right.

Hmmm.....perhaps that is why it was never installed. Where does this other lever go? Would it be possible to run the extendahoe with the foot pedals? I guess I could just leave it and learn how to run it the way it is. I just didn't see much love for the foot swing so I thought it would be nice to change it for that reason alone.

Hmmm.....perhaps that is why it was never installed. Where does this other lever go? Would it be possible to run the extendahoe with the foot pedals? I guess I could just leave it and learn how to run it the way it is. I just didn't see much love for the foot swing so I thought it would be nice to change it for that reason alone.
True enough, if the two lever conversion includes the swing you could probably set up the foot pedals to run the extendahoe. It would make for smoother operation than having to move one hand to an additional lever, good thinking.

The right hand foot pedal is setup to run the extendahoe, if the kit is from an extendahoe machine, if it is not you simply have to swap the pedal mount, 2 bolt, with one that is for extendahoe, pedals are the same for foot swing and hand swing its just hand swings are rigid unless it has Ehoe, unfortunately the bell crank on the foot swing pedal is not in the right place to use for Ehoe, you also have to have the linkage that goes between the bell crank and the valve for an Ehoe machine, I've done lots of the swaps, we had a couple rental units when I worked at Case that for a while I was doing control conversions like every week to ten days, got really fast at it!

This was a spare tower that the PO threw in with the deal when I bought the machine....I could send you pic if you want me to. It has boom and swing in left hand and dipper and bucket in right hand and the stabilizers in the center. No provision for Ehoe and no extra springs.

yeah email or text me pics, I kind of remember doing one that we modified the swing pedal off the foot swing to work with Ehoe on a non Ehoe tower, seems like at the time we couldn't find a pedal so we got creative, I'll have to see the tower but I am reasonably sure that you can do that and get the control rod from a K-M series to link it, not sure but might even be able to use a K/SK pedal which should be fairly easy to find and that would already be setup for Ehoe

I have to apologize for not remembering 100% I left Case in 2008, and of course we didn't see a lot of E series machines by then, worked on a few but don't want say do this, this, and this, and be remembering a K and later, I just cant remember if the E tower is the same as the K and after!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back