Case 900 tractor hydraulics

Joshua H

New User
Hello all. The hydraulics quit on my 900b so I drained the housing and pulled the cover to look inside for problems. What I found was the coupler between the hyd pump and the drive sprocket shaft had fallen part way out and was getting chewed up. My first question is what hold the coupler in place between the pump and the pump drive sprocket shaft? Second how tight is the pump sprocket drive shaft supposed to fit over the pin it rides on? I know it has bronze bushings in it as wear parts. Are parts to repair this problem still available? Thanks in advance

If I remember correctly, the coupler should have a raised "key" on 1 side and a keyway on the opposite side. They will be oriented at right angles to each other. There should be a wire retainer that holds the coupler in place during installation. Once installed, the coupler is captured between the pump shaft and the drive shaft. I would guess that either 1 or both shafts have moved if the coupler has fallen out. I think you will be visiting wrecking yards for replacement parts!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back