Case LA Starter

Looking for a starter for a Case LA. Will starter from Case DC fit.
FWB,, I do not like going against my friends on this one, but I am quite sure and checked with the owner of the tractor before typing this post. Many years ago he bought an LA missing a starter, we are sure we put a DC starter on that and it worked well, even after we increased the compression it had good power to start it. Early there were ring gear changes on the D series, this was the early 39-41 tractors which required a different drive, I had to change the ring on mine to use the MAB4105 starter. If you have access to a DC starter try it carefully, you will know right away if it is compatible. I think all those slip in starters of that era used the same dimension housing, starter drive gear teeth count would be the difference if there is any. I know my friends on here will not be offended by this post, we have a good group here.

FWB,, I do not like going against my friends on this one, but I am quite sure and checked with the owner of the tractor before typing this post. Many years ago he bought an LA missing a starter, we are sure we put a DC starter on that and it worked well, even after we increased the compression it had good power to start it. Early there were ring gear changes on the D series, this was the early 39-41 tractors which required a different drive, I had to change the ring on mine to use the MAB4105 starter. If you have access to a DC starter try it carefully, you will know right away if it is compatible. I think all those slip in starters of that era used the same dimension housing, starter drive gear teeth count would be the difference if there is any. I know my friends on here will not be offended by this post, we have a good group here.

img002.jpg

Last edited:
i took at look at both starters, the D is smaller diameter and a hair shorter. and is # MAB 4105 ,,,, the LA is # ML4329 on mine as is shown in your chart for the later models, mins is 1951. so it all matches up.

Attachments

• IMG_5759.JPG
    IMG_5759.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5758.JPG
    IMG_5758.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5757.JPG
    IMG_5757.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5756.JPG
    IMG_5756.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 9

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back