Case RC questions, value and comments from the case experts

JOCCO

A guy posted on tractor talk about an rc. Got me to wondering What is the value of them is today (I know condition matters) They are very scarce around me so hard to tell from my end. I also know there were about 3 different styles made if that matters. I was thinking the engine was a Wakashaw how available are parts? Lastly any of you have any restored or not, any pictures? Thanks

It has been 33 years since I restored mine so I can't say how available Waukesha engine parts are now. Back then I had no trouble locating what I needed. Some Case combines used the same engine and I think I know where an engine is sitting. I'm in Montana about 40 miles from that engine.

The last ones I seen sell at auction went for $700-$1200 And were rough. Early model, over top steering, single front on rubber, rear steel. Tire was shot, stuck engine and missing parts went for $700. A couple later ones, full rubber, side steering, bad rims and tires, stuck engines, complete, and decent sheet metal. One sold for $1000 and the other $1200. This was 3 or 4 years ago

This one went away at my auction in 2022, for $1,800, just as you see it:

1936CaseRCTestRun.jpg

Did it run? You can watch it:

It had O.K. rubber with new tubes, plus the lugged steel wheels as spares. I spent two days re-tubing the radiator and the better part of a day on the mag just to get it to that decent-running point. I also used about 5G of methanol to clean the tar out of the fuel tank. It was a good runner when it left. Top gear was impressively fast compared to the Deere herd that it lived with, with only a couple exceptions.

It had O.K. rubber with new tubes, plus the lugged steel wheels as spares. I spent two days re-tubing the radiator and the better part of a day on the mag just to get it to that decent-running point. I also used about 5G of methanol to clean the tar out of the fuel tank. It was a good runner when it left. Top gear was impressively fast compared to the Deere herd that it lived with, with only a couple exceptions.
That was a nice one.

The last ones I seen sell at auction went for $700-$1200 And were rough. Early model, over top steering, single front on rubber, rear steel. Tire was shot, stuck engine and missing parts went for $700. A couple later ones, full rubber, side steering, bad rims and tires, stuck engines, complete, and decent sheet metal. One sold for $1000 and the other $1200. This was 3 or 4 years ago
In the range of what I thought price wise.

"Sunburst" grille? I know that this one had a tube-burst radiator, but am unfamiliar with the "sunburst" term.

This was how to resolve the tube-burst issue:

Attachments

• RadiatorTubeFitment.jpg
    RadiatorTubeFitment.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 14
  • Radiator Upper Tank Gasket Installed.jpg
    Radiator Upper Tank Gasket Installed.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 13
Thank you J Hamilton. Always thought that was a very impressive casting and probably ahead of its time for beauty and style. Probably no farmers were worried about style and lines and beauty in a tractor in the late 30's to the end in 1940. gobble

Thank you J Hamilton. Always thought that was a very impressive casting and probably ahead of its time for beauty and style. Probably no farmers were worried about style and lines and beauty in a tractor in the late 30's to the end in 1940. gobble
When manufacturers started styling their tractors some were very nice and futuristic looking, especially when they started painting them in bright flashy colors instead of the popular grey that most used. Although, I love the grey era Case tractors myself

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back