CaseIH 2150 IronGuard

JohnRowehl

I started painting the first finish coat on the cast iron parts of my 826. After a few hours, when I stop for the day, I find that the paint on the brush has become like glue and cannot clean it in paint thinner like I usually do. Even the stir stick that I drop in the thinner after mixing does not clean off well.

The paint goes on very nicely. I like using it. But I have never had this happen before when painting other tractors with other brands.

Has anyone seen this happen with this product?

I should note that this is from a can I started using a few years ago when I painted the rear wheels. This did not happen at that time. When I opened it up this time there was no skin on top and it mixed up with minimal stirring.

This has happened in two sessions. I can t reuse the brushes. Only thing I can think to do is minimize the number of sessions and use a new brush each time.

It might be water base paint. Need to wash in water. Just
saying as everything now a days seams to be water base.

They are making all paint dry faster and faster. The brush could have been saved with a walmart sack. If you would immediately after use wrap the brush in a plastic bag you can wait a day or two to clean it or continue to use it. The ironguard paint is an acrylic paint which paint thinner wouldn't help. You would be better off using lacquer thinner to clean the brush.

(quoted from post at 10:23:55 07/23/23) The ironguard paint is an acrylic paint which paint thinner wouldn't help. You would be better off using lacquer thinner to clean the brush.

Thanks for that advice. Just got back to that painting job today. Lacquer thinner seems to be the ticket.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back