Chaining my JD 401 b Industrial to my trailer

37chief

When tightening the chains ,my JD is in park on my trailer. What is inside the transmission that is being pulled against, that may brake, if pulled too hard? Stan

When 401B trans selector is in park position when one is securing tractor on trailer with chains/boomers one is putting extra stress on trans gears.

Seems to me you'd be pulling against the parking pawl if it's in park. Doubt you'd break that chaining the tractor down, though. If you're going to leave it in neutral until you chain it down you maybe should have wheel stop blocks so it can't roll until it's chained down.

Seems to me you'd be pulling against the parking pawl if it's in park. Doubt you'd break that chaining the tractor down, though. If you're going to leave it in neutral until you chain it down you maybe should have wheel stop blocks so it can't roll until it's chained down.
Leave it in gear when shut off to keep it from rolling during chaining, then put it in park after chaining is complete.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back