Chev Silverado experts - sometimes no cranking

I've just recently been through a similar issue with my 02 jeep liberty. It happened once at the lumber yard, no crank nothing. After 10 minutes it started and was fine for 2 weeks. Then wouldn't start at home, same no crank no click nothing. Google and utube can be useful. Correct me as I say the posts of a starter relay are the same for any vehicle. You can bypass the starter relay with the key on and the motor should crank. It won't start because the fuel pump is not on. If that makes it crank the issue is on the electrical, fuse, ignition side. If it doesn't the issue is towards the starter. My starter and battery are only 2 years old. I took them off and had them checked. I had the motor out summer before last, I know I hooked the grounds up. I can see three of them and can put my hand on the 4th. I've put a heavy ground wire from the negative battery terminal to one of the mounting bolts of the starter and it starts. Interesting then in quick succession it was missing on #5 cylinder, it was the coil then the #2 o2 sensor bank 1 was throwing a code it had been replaced a few years ago. All seems to be well for the moment.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back