choke linkage parts

kotchb

I have a Zenith carb, i have the push rod now i need the screws, linkage parts to connect them. Help?
mvphoto111880.jpg

This post was edited by kotchb on 11/26/2023 at 07:19 am.

do you have the wire type choke rod? Late model serial number?
What parts do you need exactly....Spring, Lever ETC? Part numbers would help.
Wayne

Just looked over parts manual and its a lost cause. Looks like a mix of diff parts. I have early tractor s/n 1956 and a rod but carb choke shaft looks nothing like schematic. Dont know what linkage parts would work. Guess i climb off to adjust the choke.

(quoted from post at 22:37:53 11/25/23) Just looked over parts manual and its a lost cause. Looks like a mix of diff parts. I have early tractor s/n 1956 and a rod but carb choke shaft looks nothing like schematic. Dont know what linkage parts would work. Guess i climb off to adjust the choke.

You might try posting some pictures of what you have. No one here can see it and pictures would at least give a chance of helping you.

Carb is attached to manifold. Rod without linkage is behind carb. I might get pic of end of shaft but wint show much. Not sure what to try to take pic of as linkage parts are missing.

Its a straight metal rod that runs from steering column to the back of the carb. The outside of the choke has a tab on it.

The best pictures you can get may help.

It sounds like you may be missing the lever from the choke shaft the rod is supposed to hook to.

mvphoto111877.jpg

What is the history of this carb? Is this a new carb? The lever should have been on the shaft, if you got a complete carb.

Here is a link to the B parts book on the AGCO site. It has the Zenith carb breakdown and the different choke controls based on serial number. It may help identify just what parts you are missing.

https://parts.agcocorp.com/us/en/ap...e=B / IB / C TRACTOR; POWER UNIT - B125 / 60H

many of the older ones did not have a rod because they were crank models and easy to turn ob at the carburetor.

Carb is rebuilt. I found a pic of the shaft but it just shows the shaft. I bought a rod from my used parts guy. He did not have any linkage. I have no linkage parts just an empty shaft. Contacted carb rebuilt guys. They have not linkage either. My 1939 B did not even have the pin on the column for the rod to pass through.
Dont know how to post pics either. Newbie.

You cannot paste pictures into posts here. To post pictures look down the page a bit from the box where you type a reply, and you will see a bar that says ''Upload Photos/Videos''. Below that is a button that says ''Choose Files''. Click on that button to go to your device where you can search the files in your device (computer, tablet, phone) to find the picture you want post, select your picture, then click the ''Open'' button and the program will upload that picture to your post. There is a size limit of about 7 MB of pictures/video per post (not per thread). That can be one picture or the total of several pictures in a post. This is the same in Modern and Classic views. Some cell phone pictures need to be reduced before they will post. And sometimes it takes a bit for them to upload, so don't hurry the process and use the preview button to see that the picture(s) is there before hitting submit.

mvphoto111879.jpg

I believe the lever that goes on the choke shaft was swaged on, at least it was on many carbs. You can search places like eBay and see if you can spot a clamp on choke shaft lever you could fit on your shaft. Someone here may yet offer one. You might try places like McDonald Carb and Ignition to see if they have a lever. You would need to figure out attaching the lever.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back