Claas 160 Baler problem

kirkmc

New User
Not sure if this is the correct forum but i have a problem with a Claas 160 Baler. I have used a Claas 46 for over thirty years and it has worked great. Recently bought a 160 at auction. It looks in good shape. The monitor is different from the one with the 46. When we power it up the wrap wants to turn all the time. We have checked the hydraulic valve which controls the release and it is ok. The funny thing about it is when I push to red button at the top of the monitor (on/off) the fan belts turning the wrap stop. When I let go it starts again. The clutch seems to be working fine. I really beleive it is somethin relatively minor but it is driving me crazy. I pulled it to the Claas dealer and he looked at it. Didn't spend much time on it but when he hooked a battery to the system the wrapping belts moved when the red button was pressed and stopped when it was released. Just the opposite of when it is hooked to my tractor. With all this typing I hope this is the correct forum and some smart operator has an idea as to what the heck is up with this baler.

Claas balers are fairly uncommon on this forum for old tractors and equipment. You might want to try posting on the equipment section at haytalk.com. There are a lot of big time hay folks there.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back