CLAMP ON PALLET FORKS

LEON(MI)

looking at clamp on pallet forks for small Kubota fel.$100.00.good or bad.They clamp onto the front end loader.Would be used once or twice a year for moving brush and small tree branches to fire pit.no really heavy lifting.Thanks for opinions.

I made my forks for terramite. Drilled a hole in bucket and use a bolt in the back to hold them in place.

cvphoto147791.jpg

I tried adapting my bolt on forks to kubota.
Forget it, titian forks are worth every penny.
cvphoto147792.jpg

I tried making clamp on forks, not worth it.

I bought clamp on forks to use on my deere 870 from Titan a couple years ago. They have a 4000 lb rating and cost about $160 if I remember correctaly They do a good job as long as you dont overload them. Use them for small tree limbs and brush mostly.

I borrowed a set from my neighbor a couple years ago for that exact purpose, had a lot of brush to move from some tree removal. They worked great for that.

George,
It looks like you used steel channel for your forks. What size channel did you use, and how long are the forks?

I'm still trying to figure out a way to move brush on my land. Since I don't have a loader tractor, I'm going to have to use the 3 point, a trailer of sorts, or a sled of sorts.

I found some 7 inch used channel iron.
The total length is 4 ft. About a foot goes under the bucket and I welded a lip to go over the bucket.
The picture should give you an idea how they are built.

Look closely at this pic to see how I used a bolt and a lip to attach forks.
cvphoto147794.jpg

I drilled 4 half inch holes to reposition forks for different size pallets.

On Cheap buckets made out of cheap steel you will bend the bottom of the bucket. We have 2 bale spears we use on our bucket with a chain around the bucket and a binder to tighten the chain holds on 1800 or 3 400 bales without bending. without the chain it would be round as a barrel.

I have a set that I use with one of my 3 loaders . Use them all the time to move my slip tank between trucks for different jobs . Just make sure to keep them tight and also If you ran a tie bar between the two Would help

Opinion of using forks to move brush.

On more than one occasion, I have pushed a stick into the grill of my Terramites. One time I punctured the main crankshaft oil seal on a 20 hp kohler engine. I've had sticks come up and get tangled up in my hydraulic hoses.

I'm glad I use an air cooled engine and did not damage the radiator.

You want some kind of brush guard on your forks.
Some protection for your radiator and tractor.
cvphoto147824.jpg

I go places with my terramites I wouldn't go with my Kubota.

I have a set that like everyone else I use primarily in the bucket for brush. With your no loader situation I would be going towards a three point carrier. They are almost mandatory when you have no loader. I would look for one used, price a new one, and if not successful there I would look at fabricating one. In your situation I would want it to dump.

We have a cheap set of clamp on forks for our Massey, work great for moving brush and light stuff. $100 is a great price.

Better than nothing. Other thing to consider is the foot-pounds equation. For rated lift capacity, the farther out you go the less you can carry. I have a pair of 4 footers....also have a 2 ton set of real forks I bought later. My quick attach loaders make it easy to adapt to whatever tractor suits the need. The clamp ons sit in the corner gathering dust.

You don't really appreciate quick attach loaders unless you do as I did.....bought a 4020 and had a non quick attach loader....JD 157 may have been the number.....been many many years. 4 attachment points had to be lined up if you needed to change implement. Trying that working alone was not fun.

If all you are going to do is move brush, why not a clamp on brush fork? Titan (palletforks.com) sells them fairly cheap. They work better than forks in my opinion.

OTH

(quoted from post at 12:44:38 02/18/23) If all you are going to do is move brush, why not a clamp on brush fork? Titan (palletforks.com) sells them fairly cheap. They work better than forks in my opinion.

OTH

Not found at palletforks.com

Maybe discontinued?

The titan "debris fork" is $449.

The OP's cheap clamp on pallet forks are $100.

$350 difference there.

Now you're not going to get much in the way of a clamp on pallet fork for $100. You're not going to move 1 ton pallets with it, but it will let you move a whole lot more brush than with a bucket alone.

Heck for $200 you can get two sets, and basically end up with a "debris fork" while still being $250 ahead!

This post was edited by BarnyardEngineering on 02/18/2023 at 03:05 pm.

(quoted from post at 16:04:20 02/18/23) The titan "debris fork" is $449.

The OP's cheap clamp on pallet forks are $100.

$350 difference there.

Now you're not going to get much in the way of a clamp on pallet fork for $100. You're not going to move 1 ton pallets with it, but it will let you move a whole lot more brush than with a bucket alone.

Heck for $200 you can get two sets, and basically end up with a "debris fork" while still being $250 ahead!

This post was edited by BarnyardEngineering on 02/18/2023 at 03:05 pm.

OP doesn't have a bucket.

They work OK and for a small Kubota would be adequate. For most small brush and logs, I just cut it to fit the bucket. Not sure how tour bucket attaches to your tractor, but if you take the time to do it right, you will find it a whole lot handier.
cvphoto147880.jpg

cvphoto147881.jpg

cvphoto147882.jpg

I have a set of clamp ons for my L3400 Kubota and you cant keep them in place unless you put a chain around the bucket and tighten it with log binders. they have slots made into them just for that. I also have a set of quick attach but they are not adjustable for width.
I use the quick attach whenever I can. If I ever buy another set of quick attach I will make sure they are adjustable. then get rid of both of the others.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back