Clutch Stuck JD 3010

Rick3

I thought my clutch was stuck but not sure it is or if something else going on Ive pulled it all over the place in gear and read several
related posts/ watched YouTube videos took the cover plate off the bottom and took video of what was going on when clutch pedal
was pressed/ released see attached video. The shaft moves sometimes and doesnt at others any idea from seeing this? Note- just
replaced the hydraulic pump after sitting for about a year hydraulics work great but now but the clutch pedal doesnt engage except
for about the last 2 or 3 inches at the bottom.

I saw a video on how to adjust with the bolt on the clutch pedal is that what you are referring to? I tried that but couldnt get it to move/ dont understand how it works. Right now it has probably 5 of free travel and only about 2 or 3 of working clutch Im game to try again!

Ok JD Dave! I got the adjustment to work BUT () no clutch working yet. I adjusted the bolt on the pedal and got about an inch or so of free travel when running. I really expected to fire it up and work as normal but no luck. Im wondering now if I go drag it around in gear with the church pedal down that might do the trick you think??

Last year I bought my grandads gas 3010. The clutch was stuck in it. The previous owner did everything you have done. A John Deere mechanic told me to start it in 8th gear, then slam on one brake and then the other and he told me to do it back and forth as quick as I could. I slammed one then the other and she came loose. Been working ever since.

Did your attempted method include driving in gear with the clutch pedal down and then sharply applying the brakes? Getting the tractor moving in the highest gear is one of the keys to success with this. If you have some terrain drive it to a slope in a lower gear and stop it on a down hill. Then get it in 4th to start it, rev it up and slip it into 7th. Get it up to about 3/4 throttle and then hit the brakes hard.

Excellent news- there is hope yet! It ll be the weekend before I m back down to check this out thank you for the information!

Did not know about applying brakes! Someone else said the same thing so I am hoping that s the trick. Thank you for the response!

Ok finally able to get back down and check/ try again was able to adjust clutch and get 1-1/2 before you can feel pressure. Pulled it around/ applied brakes and actually got it to a point where you could tell that it was working somewhat but not enough to where the clutch was working properly. You could tell the clutch was engaging and could just rock the tractor some with the clutch engaged/ disengaged but not enough to move the tractor. I could get into any gear which I could not do without forcing it in prior to this last try. Is this indicative that I need to keep trying or that the clutch is actually gone? Just as a reminder from my original posts, prior to the tractor sitting for a little over a year with the hydraulic pump issue, the clutch worked fine so it doesnt make sense to me that the clutch is bad. I would think it would be a gradual failure but I may be completely wrong. Think I need to continue trying or bite the bullet and go ahead and replace the clutch?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back