Compression tester recommendation?

Dwd14329

On my 1947 2N, I don't have much room between top of valve cover and fuel tank. Is there a specific tester that you guys use without removing hood? I'm assuming I will need a 90 degree elbow with swivel male 14mm thread to thread into spark plug hole. I can barely get my hands in to remove plugs let alone a straight compression hose with fitting. I have about 4-5" of space to work with if that helps.

Made my own
MU8URIJ.jpg

A nice way to utilize two old plugs!

Is there enough room on #1 to spin that easily? Next time I have my torches out will be farmer arts and crafts for me...........

Good evening, all: I could be wrong, but I would have said my compression tester came with an elbow. I will have to look at it tomorrow and post here. I have a 9N and an IH Cub with 4 cyl flathead engines in both. The cub has 18mm plugs, I believe...
Dennis M. in W. Tenn.

I use my automotive set with rubber hoses. They have gotten hard over the years and make it more work. 8N is not problem EZ as pie but a 9n/2N converted to 12V with all the junk in the way is.

A trick I learned thru the years store the hoses straight don't store them in the original box in a U. If they have memory they will fight you. Most of my hoses are long in the 2ft range, some of the short ones close to 50 years old have deteriorated I replaced them with standard fuel line they work great.

If I can remember where its at I have a old tester that has a window inside the window it a paper roll with a needle the needle has a lead point and grafts the test on the paper.

(quoted from post at 20:58:14 12/23/23) Good evening, all: I could be wrong, but I would have said my compression tester came with an elbow. I will have to look at it tomorrow and post here. I have a 9N and an IH Cub with 4 cyl flathead engines in both. The cub has 18mm plugs, I believe...
Dennis M. in W. Tenn.

The Ford 2N plug threads are 14mm/18. I ordered one and hopefully I'll have enough room to thread the hose. If not, I'm going to purchase an elbow at adanced auto. I may try a street elbow if I can get it to seal with thread tape. I don't like using thread tape due to some getting into engine after removal. It would be nice if these hoods were on hinges.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back