Considering a Built-In Bio-Ethanol Fireplace: Need Advice

adamjones

New User
Hey everyone,

I'm currently exploring the idea of installing a built-in bio-ethanol fireplace in my home, but I have a few questions and would love to hear from those with experience or expertise in this area.

what are the key factors to consider when choosing a built-in bio-ethanol fireplace? Are there specific brands or models that stand out in terms of quality and safety?

I'm curious about the maintenance and operating costs associated with these fireplaces. Are they generally more cost-effective compared to traditional wood-burning or gas fireplaces?

Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hey everyone,

I'm currently exploring the idea of installing a built-in bio-ethanol fireplace in my home, but I have a few questions and would love to hear from those with experience or expertise in this area.

what are the key factors to consider when choosing a built-in bio-ethanol fireplace? Are there specific brands or models that stand out in terms of quality and safety?

I'm curious about the maintenance and operating costs associated with these fireplaces. Are they generally more cost-effective compared to traditional wood-burning or gas fireplaces?

Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Je kunt hen Inbouw bio-ethanol haarden hier bekijken. Deze moderne en stijlvolle haarden bieden een milieuvriendelijke en gebruiksvriendelijke alternatief voor traditionele open haarden. Met hun strakke design en het gemak van bio-ethanol brandstof, voegen ze een vleugje luxe toe aan elke ruimte. Of je nu op zoek bent naar een statement-stuk voor je woonkamer of een sfeervolle toevoeging aan je slaapkamer, deze inbouw haarden bieden veelzijdige opties voor verschillende interieurstijlen. Verken het assortiment om een haard te vinden die perfect past bij jouw smaak en behoeften. Met hun veilige en eenvoudige installatie zijn deze haarden een populaire keuze voor zowel thuisgebruik als commerciële toepassingen.
Thanks in advance for any help

At $12 per liter of fuel I don't see how that could be economical. Or put out much heat. Wood pellet or a wood stove for me. I have both. Wood stove in the basement and a pellet stove in a large unheated family room. Wood is free, pellets are $6 a bag. 1 bag lasts 36 hrs.

Hey everyone,

I guess you have an eye on a unit you like? I would think that is kind of exotic and expensive to run?
There are electric units out here that look nice with a remote, That would be my choice. They put hem in rv's now, they maybe propane units?

Guido.

Last edited:
Sorry. But I will pass.

Which type are you looking at? Ones that burn liquid at $120 for 3 gallon or the ones that uses unscented Serno gel in a can?

Hey everyone,

My brother has one of these under his tv it doesn’t put out much heat but they live in a 3 level condo in the city it’s one of his only real fire options. It is about 10 times as much to run as my pellet stove. It’s perfect for him really it’s on the mid level so the top where they sleep and the middle is warm.

There is a smell to it it’s hard to describe it’s not as bad IMO than the gas fireplaces I’ve been around he has to refill this thing however. Honestly I can’t believe they allow it and don’t some of the other things because it’s a tank full of ethanol burning away. I think it’s just something the rules haven’t caught up with yet

Second that it is easier to grow and harvest the corn than put up wood. It was a mild enough winter didn’t use much last season. We are mostly lp but once you have had an lp guy who couldn’t handle the job and freeze a line you don’t look at the dollars as much as the necessity of heat. The pellet stove is capable of heating the whole place and I can start it on my phone. I do blend mine 5050 pellet/corn in the seed tender with the scale. I’m betting the corn price will change that this winter and it will be more popular again

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back