Coverting a John Deere 60 All Fuel to Gas

So, I am still restoring my John Deere 60 All Fuel the manifolds gaskets have blown out the side from age and need to be replaced but my father who is adding in this restoration said that I should consider getting a gas manifold for the tractor for more power.

To reiterate nothing is wrong with the current All Fuel manifold other than bad gaskets, if I swap it out it with a gas model will most likely be put on a wall to be put back on the tractor if for whatever reason I ever attempt to sell the tractor or need to burn kerosene, my problem more or less is that I don't know if the head or anything else needs to be swapped to do that conversion as I really don't want to go through that process.

Personally, I am mixed on the whole ordeal.

Check your parts catalog to see if the lp and straight gas tractors use the same manifold gasket.
If yes, you should be able to do the conversion without changing the head.

the manifold may help a bit, but the main difference in an all fuel vs a gas engine is the engine compression, which won't change unless you
change the pistons.

I'd think that the all fuel manifold would be about the same as the gas manifold run in the hot position, but I certainly could be wrong.

It will run forever and just fine on gas. Unless you're a purist, just replace the gaskets and have fun with it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back