D17 oil pump on WD

jhncp

I tried inspecting the cam bearings and could barely get a .003 feeler gauge to start a little on the top and they visually look pretty good. The service manual says the clearance is .002-.004. So the Allis guy said he would sell me a wd45 oil pump for $50 since he said it has longer gears. Turns out the one he found is from a D17 and the gears are 1.25 long (how long are WD's 1 or 1.125? I inspected it and looked excellent so was a steal, and it has its own pressure relief valve(25 psi) so then I tapped 1/4 pipe on 2 holes for the block drain prv. They were 7/16 just the right size almost meant to be for 1/4 pipe thread. It now has good oil pressure after warmed up at high idle and still stays in normal at low idle. Hopefully in summer it will stay in the normal range but for now I am certainly content to leave it after taking oil pan off at least a dozen times. Also it doesn't make any sense to hack saw a slot in the bottom of the stem, that would only make it worse, it is plumbed directly to the gage under the filter. Another thing I can do now is drill and tap a 1/8 pipe thread in the side fitting for Original pressure relief valve since it is now just a fully pressured hole and see the actual pump pressure.
cvphoto167520.jpg

cvphoto167521.jpg

cvphoto167522.jpg

cvphoto167523.jpg

cvphoto167524.jpg

I also did buy a set of new cam bearings while I was there for only $36, but don't plan on putting them in. I was surprised they must be steel as they are magnetic.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back