decisions.............

I"ve been looking for a small tractor to use on a 20 ac. property. Mowing mostly. Right now my search is narrowed down to a MF 240, Ford 3000, and Ford 4000. The MF is less than 1000 hrs. The 4000 has about 10 hrs on a rebuild. The 3000 hrs are unknown but I"m told it"s in great condition. If they are all in good, equal, operating condition which one should I put first on my list? Second, Third. thanks Owen

I would say the two Fords would be my first pick then the MF240. Mainly because of ACGOs parts. The two Fords would be easier and cheaper on parts.

Find the closest dealer first, let that help you decide. Big difference if youhave to drive 100 mies for parts.

I would definitely go with the Massey 240, low original hours usually always tops rebuilt and the 3 cylinder Perkins will use substantially less fuel than the Fords, especially under heavy PTO load.

I think dealer support would be key factor for your decision. We have a good AGCO dealer in Irwin, Iowa-Robinson's. Parts and service have always been good for older iron. We have a small herd of "AGCO Heritage" AC D17s that work for a living, and that dealer takes care of us. They also take care of a lot of other "heritage" brands in the area, and have a pretty loyal customer base for their efforts. I cannot speak for other dealers or "Mother AGCO".

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back