Deere model A fuel pipe thread

You can buy the correct Fuel Line Glands and fittings from Steiner and several other tractor restoration parts suppliers. McDonald Carb and Ignition is another good source.

I think you are correct.. In parts for the John Deere A, it does show the three-way valve taking a matching fuel line... So matching 24 tpi using enots thread form on shutoff and line???

I could be wrong but Steiner's glands are not quite the same as JD's. I ordered a new A fuel line from them and sent it back. The Deere glands have a spherical end to fit into the taper of the fitting. Steiner's line had flat beveled tip. Maybe they would have worked but if the tip didn't fit the fitting just right I would expect leaking.

Don’t know what the “Enot thread form” is – it appears to be a British term. However, the THREADS (and we’re talking about the threads, and not the connector type) for tubing connections on the three-way valve are definitely ½-24 UNS and are exactly the same threads that are used on 5/16” OD tube compression fittings typically used for water supply lines for ice-makers. However, the Deere fuel line fittings are NOT the same as those common compression fittings that use a slip-on ferrule. The “glands” used by Deere that are soldered onto the ends of the fuel pipes are NOT standard hardware/plumbing compression fittings and the nuts are specially configured for use with those glands, so an ordinary compression fitting nut will not work.

Attachments

• Scan0003.jpg
    Scan0003.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 9
Don’t know what the “Enot thread form” is – it appears to be a British term. However, the THREADS (and we’re talking about the threads, and not the connector type) for tubing connections on the three-way valve are definitely ½-24 UNS and are exactly the same threads that are used on 5/16” OD tube compression fittings typically used for water supply lines for ice-makers. However, the Deere fuel line fittings are NOT the same as those common compression fittings that use a slip-on ferrule. The “glands” used by Deere that are soldered onto the ends of the fuel pipes are NOT standard hardware/plumbing compression fittings and the nuts are specially configured for use with those glands, so an ordinary compression fitting nut will not work.
You might add that the E2150R "gland" and the A2063D nut are still available from DEERE.

From what I see the thread callout on that nut is 1/2-24-N.S.-P.D.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back