Disc Harrow identification?

Chrisguay

New User
Hey all, just inherited this set of discs and can’t seem to identify it to order parts. Anyone familiar with these or can help me find any identifying marks? Thanks
IMG_8788.jpeg

I think you guys are right! It’s a 8 foot model. I can’t get down to the data tag till tomorrow. Any idea if there 18 or 16 inch discs?

I think you guys are right! It’s a 8 foot model. I can’t get down to the data tag till tomorrow. Any idea if there 18 or 16 inch discs?
Most likely they were 18" when new. Now worn to 16(or less). Only way to know is to grab a tape and measure.

For discs I would measure from the center of the spool to the top under the gang frame and get as big of a disc as would fit under there . It helps keep the bearings out of the dirt while in use. I would not have even thought about that till we changed the ones on our Sunflower disk. The old ones were about 16-19 and the new ones are 24 inch. I would even sell you some of these. They do have a round hole in them but if you have the shaft tight it doesn't matter on that. We tighten these up with a 1 inch drive impact and 175 PSI air line in 1/2 to it. Tighten till it stops turning then hit the back end while the impact is on the nut . Adjust washers so the cotter pin goes through and done. It has run over 500 acres so far this spring with none coming loose yet. The fronts were done the same way last spring none loose either. I'm in I if you were interested in the used blades. They are also about a 1/4 inch thick.

For discs I would measure from the center of the spool to the top under the gang frame and get as big of a disc as would fit under there . It helps keep the bearings out of the dirt while in use. I would not have even thought about that till we changed the ones on our Sunflower disk. The old ones were about 16-19 and the new ones are 24 inch. I would even sell you some of these. They do have a round hole in them but if you have the shaft tight it doesn't matter on that. We tighten these up with a 1 inch drive impact and 175 PSI air line in 1/2 to it. Tighten till it stops turning then hit the back end while the impact is on the nut . Adjust washers so the cotter pin goes through and done. It has run over 500 acres so far this spring with none coming loose yet. The fronts were done the same way last spring none loose either. I'm in I if you were interested in the used blades. They are also about a 1/4 inch thick.
Its exactly like mine which I always called it a I_H 37. I've pretty much rebuilt the whole thing over the years and always called it a 37 when ordering parts from the Case I-H dealer or Agri Supply. Agri is allot cheaper on parts.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back