Do not want to post on outrageous freight charges

I am a member of Sams Club. Same ownership as Walmart where we won't shop because once Walmart comes to town most of the local stores close. Enough about that for now.
However, Sams Club has a lot of items we previously were able to purchase in the store. One good example is carpet cleaner mix. Less than 6 dollars for it and it is an excellent product. Shipping on it is over 8 dollars.
Standard membership is 45 dollars. Plus membership is 100 dollars.
There are SEVERAL more items they had in store. Not any longer.
If you have a Plus membership they ship free. Really don't want to upgrade to Plus, but when they don't have what you need in stock at store what would you do? DOUG

I've not done any business with WalMart for several years now. Have no intention of patronizing SAM's either.

ANYTHING I cannot find locally, I can almost always find at Amazon where shipping is free with a minimum order.

Simple, figure out how many things you think you will
get in a year that require shipping and see if they total
$100. You are sort of talking out of both sides of your
mouth if you really want to rebel to the Sam Walton
conglomeration. They certainly wiped out most of the
downtown businesses in my hometown of 4000 in KS.
Also knocking out many small town ..pop. of 1000 or
less.. grocery stores in a 30 plus mile radius. Probably
the damage is done at this point. My question is did a
man from a small town in Arkansas really have the
intention to destroy all these things?

We have two Walmarts and a Sams Club, I shop both. They employ
a lot of local people. See the same employees there all the time so
they must be happy. Same at the two Home Depots. We have a
couple local hardware stores and a bunch of grocery stores. I dont
see a problem here. Wife likes buying on line for certain items but if I
need something I go into town, done deal.

(quoted from post at 16:18:22 11/14/21) We have two Walmarts and a Sams Club, I shop both. They employ
a lot of local people. See the same employees there all the time so
they must be happy. Same at the two Home Depots. We have a
couple local hardware stores and a bunch of grocery stores. I dont
see a problem here. Wife likes buying on line for certain items but if I
need something I go into town, done deal.

Agree. Prior to Walmart coming to town there was Kmart, Ames, Zayres and a whole other bunch of discount type places, plus Sears, Wards, Penneys, etc. Back when a Monkey Wards store was coming to town everyone said, "Oh no! That'll kill off all the mom and pops!!!" Same thing for Walmart, Lowes, etc. What actually killed off the mom and pops was an inability to change. They were used to being the only game in town and if they didn't have it, too bad. The local lumber yards are still in business and undercutting Lowes. The stores selling the same Chinese garbage as Walmart are still in business. Sears is still going somehow. The clothing stores that used to be mom and pops got bought out by bigger stores and no one heard mom and pop complain about that. We had a great hardware that got more and more into high end sports clothing. Then they tried to expand from 1 to 4 stores and to carry mostly clothes. Nope, couldn't make it. Too bad too because it was a great hardware. Our last local tractor dealership died out not because TSC came to town but because the owner died and the son had zero interest in the store. He sure does love selling all the stuff on Ebay though!

Times change. I won't use Amazon unless I can't possibly find what I need elsewhere. I have no interest in supporting Bezos. So I'm like everyone, I pick and choose.

I never did like the idea of paying to shop. While other stores are glad to have me stop in and shop, stores like
Costco, Sam's, and BJ's all want me to pay an annual fee for the privilege of shopping at their store. Just
doesn't set well with me.

Another thing - check prices. REALLY check prices. They sell things in odd lots to confuse comparison. Example is
a box of tea bags has 324 tea bags in it. Standard boxes in a regular grocery store have 100 bags in them. Get
out your calculator and see what you are really paying either per tea bag, per pound on other items or even per
ounce on liquids.

I have found them to not always be a bargain. Most of them price things based on a fixed markup from what it
costs them. So, when your local grocery chain has sales, they are usually loss leaders to get you in the store,
and are usually less expensive PER UNIT than the club stores.

Another thing is quantities. Sometimes I just don't need (or want) the extra large sized packages that the club
stores sell.

I used to get a Sams card that the company supplied.

Never asked for it, they just bought them for key employees. I told them I rarely
use it, and if they want to give it to someone who would that would be fine. They
did cut back and I don't have one now.

I've done some price comparison between Walmart and Sams and found a lot of the
bulk buying is only an illusion if you break down the actual per item or per
ounce or however it breaks down. Then add the possibility of the product date
expiring before it gets used.

There is just no way for me to justify the cost of the card, especially if I were
buying it myself.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back