Dowsing Rods

A prospector friend of mine could find even small flakes of gold with them. But he had to be carrying something made of gold on his person. I never could get the hang of it. steve

when i put my house in, i needed to locate the septic field. the guy who pumped the tank out bent 2 coat hangers and showed me what to do (basically- walk). the trick was to find out if i could still use the one from the mobile home that had been here, or if i'd need a pricy engineered field.

the health inspector concurred with every spot i marked. he approved my field for re-use :)

Does anyone here use them? I made a set out of copper, I don't know what size, BUT they work.! They cross at the same spot. One step back, and they straighten right out! I could be useful to some one who is looking for water? 😜

Guido.
I use 2 pieces of 8 gauge copper. Have found many water lines with them. Have made several people eat their words when i got them out to find a water line.

So.... has anyone ever made a set of DEFECTIVE dowsing rods? You know, ones that didn't work? And when you replaced them with a different set of dowsing rods all the sudden you were able to find exactly what you were looking for?

Interestingly, dowsers are never able to demonstrate their ability to find buried objects under controlled conditions. The late James Randi had for many years a standing offer of one million dollars to anyone who could do it, yet no dowser was ever able to collect it.

They do seem to work but we found that you needed to come at it from opposite directions and then split the difference when they crossed. I can't explain it.

My neighbor drilled wells for decades. Said he never got into using them but knew another driller that would use them if landowners insisted. He asked the guy if he thought it worked. He said nah, he just walked around until he found a nice flat area to set up his rig, pointed them downward and said “right here”.

My neighbor drilled wells for decades. Said he never got into using them but knew another driller that would use them if landowners insisted. He asked the guy if he thought it worked. He said nah, he just walked around until he found a nice flat area to set up his rig, pointed them downward and said “right here”.
Story about first irrigation well in this area. Driller and farmer walking around on farm field discussing where to drill test hole and sipping a six pack of their favorite beverage, nature called and driller said water draws to water, did the required, marked location and drilled test the next day. Several test holes have been drilled on land since with none as good as original 1000 gallon/minute well location.

A few years ago I used them to locate the sewer outfall line at our home . Plans showed it at leastv3metres away from its actual location . I walked over the area many times , first indication I had resulted in an old septic tank that I had no knowledge of and wasn't indicated on drawings . The second was the line , 9 feet deep in pvc . Witchcraft , the Beast's influence , Divine aid , or pure luck I can't decide . What I do know is that two bits of bent wire pinpointed what I needed and saved me hundreds in a pipe location service that could only guarantee accuracy to 2 metres .

So.... has anyone ever made a set of DEFECTIVE dowsing rods? You know, ones that didn't work? And when you replaced them with a different set of dowsing rods all the sudden you were able to find exactly what you were looking for?

Interestingly, dowsers are never able to demonstrate their ability to find buried objects under controlled conditions. The late James Randi had for many years a standing offer of one million dollars to anyone who could do it, yet no dowser was ever able to collect it.
Yes Mark .
The first wires I used were from plastic coated clothes hangers . No reaction whatsoever. My effective ones ; that found my sewer line , were steel wire rotating loosely in copper tube handles . I wish I had heard of Mr Randi's challenge, I just might have been successful !

They work for me. I have a set made from marking flags and upgraded them with a piece of copper tubing on the grip end. I have been tested by my brother to locate stuff he knew was there. I found everything. It works by ground disturbances. If something was buried such as a water line it will find it to the dead on spot. I can find the water line buried to my house that runs from the street in. But i already know its there. But its accuracy is dead on. But it amazes me the power of the pulling of the wires together. Its almost spooky.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back