DuAL 340 loader question

The mounts came off a 56 series IH tractor
My thought is that it may take a fair bit of modification to make the mounts for an IH 56 series tractor fit a Major. I will say I may be wrong. Getting some dimensions and taking measurements of the mounts, and where they would have to fit to the tractor, will reveal how much modification is needed. I expect modifications may be a better description of what could be involved, than adjustments.

It has been mentioned before what you have skills and equipment/tooling to make modifications comes into play. Can you build and rebuild the mounts yourself or are you looking at having a shop do the work? If you can do fabrication work to the level needed to mount a loader you should already have an idea of the changes needed to do this. If you have a shop that you plan to use to make the modifications, see if they have someone to look at it with you and provide an estimate. There is a certain amount of fit, trial, and error in such a project in my opinion.

My thought is that it may take a fair bit of modification to make the mounts for an IH 56 series tractor fit a Major. I will say I may be wrong. Getting some dimensions and taking measurements of the mounts, and where they would have to fit to the tractor, will reveal how much modification is needed. I expect modifications may be a better description of what could be involved, than adjustments.

It has been mentioned before what you have skills and equipment/tooling to make modifications comes into play. Can you build and rebuild the mounts yourself or are you looking at having a shop do the work? If you can do fabrication work to the level needed to mount a loader you should already have an idea of the changes needed to do this. If you have a shop that you plan to use to make the modifications, see if they have someone to look at it with you and provide an estimate. There is a certain amount of fit, trial, and error in such a project in my opinion.

Thanks for the info. There is also another loader at our auction its a 2144 Great Bend also with mounts; not sure what it came off of but I could try to find out. Just wondered if this would fit also with some mods. Thanks for letting me pick your brains.

Thanks for the info. There is also another loader at our auction its a 2144 Great Bend also with mounts; not sure what it came off of but I could try to find out. Just wondered if this would fit also with some mods. Thanks for letting me pick your brains.

Specs on a Great Bend 2144 (for 60 to 90 HP 2 and 4WHD tractors), to me looks like a lot of loader to be on a Major. Specs based on a 2850 psi, 16gpm hydraulic system.

Great Bend brochure

You can make most any loader fit with some modifications. It is doubtful anyone can tell you exactly what modifications will be needed, unless you happen to find the person who has mounted the same loader, with the same mounts, on the same tractor as you are asking about. That is where hands on measurements, design, understanding fabrication and how to modify and build the required pieces comes in. If you aren't comfortable doing such you need to find someone who can help you. Just my opinion, but you can keep asking will this fit with "some mods" and the answer on a forum is generally going to be "it will with some mods". However, it is doubtful anyone, on a forum, can tell you exactly what it needs, and give you dimensioned drawings to build with, without laying hands on both the loader and tractor. And you need to consider what you are going to have or add for hydraulics to run it.

Thanks for all of your advice; we will take measurements and see what is needed for the Dual loader. My son would be the one doing all of this. He's a fair welder and good mechanic. He wonders if it is something he could do; given measurements etc. We're in Wyoming and its hard to find a loader, let alone one that would fit a Fordson, so anything we find would take modifications. Any advice would be appreciated, I will get him to message you again if that's ok with you. Thanks

Thanks for all of your advice; we will take measurements and see what is needed for the Dual loader. My son would be the one doing all of this. He's a fair welder and good mechanic. He wonders if it is something he could do; given measurements etc. We're in Wyoming and its hard to find a loader, let alone one that would fit a Fordson, so anything we find would take modifications. Any advice would be appreciated, I will get him to message you again if that's ok with you. Thanks
He can message, I can't say I will be much help. You likely don't want to hear this however, if you really want a loader tractor look around for a newer Ford, Case, JD, Massey, etc,, (70's) industrial tractor with a loader on it. They will be built for loader work.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back