Electrical question

sorry, not or shouldn't be a controversial question....!!
Installing a 200 amp 3 phase subpanel at work for a new tenant. Is there a meter available that we can put
between the main panel and the subpanel to measure their usage? Thanks

Do you mean this? https://www.amazon.com/Sequence-Rotation-Indicator-Detector-Checker/dp/B019F9JYR6/ref=asc_df_B019F9JYR6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216539147262&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17822299226223984454&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1026339&hvtargid=pla-367066893523&psc=1 Otherwise assuming it's 220v all you would do is use a volt meter between any of the two legs to get 220v.

(quoted from post at 07:41:50 10/20/21) sorry, not or shouldn't be a controversial question....!!
Installing a 200 amp 3 phase subpanel at work for a new tenant. Is there a meter available that we can put
between the main panel and the subpanel to measure their usage? Thanks

GOOGLE "three phase submeter".

Look for 'trailer park electric meter' and you will get lots of choices, but I did not right away see any 3 phase. Trailer parks in our area often have only one service drop for the park and the park meters and bills the tenants themselves.

I think I've found something by google; thanks. I was sure exactly what to call what I was looking for.
Original post wasn't real clear. Looking for a permanently installed meter that will track subpanel usage so
we can bill for it.

Best I recall (no warranty long retired from power distribution) at our facility we installed a few SUB METERS to do that.

Leviton may have them

John T
Sub Meters

Use the brand E-Mon D-Mon. They come in single and three phase models. Work great and have power usage read-outs. We've installed a dozen of them in an old plant, got them through Cooper Ele. supply. Jeff

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back