EV tractor sales

sourgum

In the utility 40 hp class selectrac started general market sales this year of a compact electric tractor.
They sold 75 units in first 6 months of production this year . A farmer on ewe tube demo one, he has loader and
takes two 900 -1000 lb hay bales every morning out to the cow pasture with this tractor. One bale per trip.
He says no worries about starting a combustion engine on cold morning ,no dead battery. no fuel gelling..no purchase diesel
fuel . Reliable work horse. Says the battery drops 1 % after morning chores finished .
Are these going to take over th3 40 horse utility tractor market. Did we see the start of the switch to the compact electric tractor in 2023 ?

In the utility 40 hp class selectrac started general market sales this year of a compact electric tractor.
They sold 75 units in first 6 months of production this year . A farmer on ewe tube demo one, he has loader and
takes two 900 -1000 lb hay bales every morning out to the cow pasture with this tractor. One bale per trip.
He says no worries about starting a combustion engine on cold morning ,no dead battery. no fuel gelling..no purchase diesel
fuel . Reliable work horse. Says the battery drops 1 % after morning chores finished .
Are these going to take over th3 40 horse utility tractor market. Did we see the start of the switch to the compact electric tractor in 2023 ?
I haven't seen those yet. But I have seen Case has a 580EV backhoe on the market

The whole episode of Ag Day this morning was about new technology. They showed a few electric utilities, including one by New Holland. That one they said would do field work. Seems like they said 72 horse power. They said up to four hours of heavy field work or eight hours of lighter loader work. I'd like to try one.

I've said it before - Electric forklifts have worked very well for many decades and there is no reason to think that electric tractors won't work equally well when properly designed and paired with the right workload. I'm sure the BTOs will have the proper environment for them to get a foothold and prove what they can do as well as weed out the poorly designed ones.

Electric forklifts are what makes me worry about EV tractors. They were tried at a factory here in town about 20 years ago and they couldn’t run one shift. They had to change out the batteries and the time they wasted doing that killed the experiment.

Electric forklifts are what makes me worry about EV tractors. They were tried at a factory here in town about 20 years ago and they couldn’t run one shift. They had to change out the batteries and the time they wasted doing that killed the experiment.
Batteries 20 years ago weren't good enough. They have become better. I can't see any other way forward, too many people are against fossil fuel burning equipment. It might not really be feasible until the next good advancement in battery storage capability. At that point cars, trucks, buses, transport, tractors and possibly even ocean shipping will all be electric. Fossil fuel burning machinery will be more antiquated than the horse and buggy is to us now.

Wife and I test drove one ... We liked it, but we won't be trading our little Massey Ferguson in anytime soon. If we were in the market for one we would buy electric. Perfect for our 3 acres

Attachments

• 652.jpg
    652.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 12

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back