Farmall m starter switch

Patsdeere

Anyone have photos of what they did for the starter switch pushing? The museum I'm part of has a M, but there is a bolt through the steering post that then pushes on the starter switch. It's awkward for big footed people and can't be original.

Thanks for photos/ideas.

That pin was on the earlier Ms Later ones got changed.There was a 'bracket' that bolted to the steering column that pushed on the bolt while your foot was just right of the column/button. Or you could convert to the later style pull rod. Or go a bit further and convert to a solenois with a push button. No,not factory. Butworks and makes it easy to engage starter.Or you could also move the acctuall starter buttom up onto the steering support like an H is. Several options,but since it is a museum piece,they probably want to keep it 'original'. I may have one of those brackets if you are interested.I'll have to look.

Last edited:
That pin was on the earlier Ms Later ones got changed.There was a 'bracket' that bolted to the steering column that pushed on the bolt while your foot was just left of the column/button. Or you could convert to the later style pull rod. Or go a bit further and convert to a solenois with a push button. No,not factory. Butworks and makes it easy to engage starter.Or you could also move the acctuall starter buttom up onto the steering support like an H is. Several options,but since it is a museum piece,they probably want to keep it 'original'. I may have one of those brackets if you are interested.I'll have to look.
It's a local museum, not a high fancy museum... Tractor had been restored, but has normal dings/scratches that volunteers have added over the years. If you have one of these bracket things, I would bet they would be interested.

That pin was on the earlier Ms Later ones got changed.There was a 'bracket' that bolted to the steering column that pushed on the bolt while your foot was just right of the column/button. Or you could convert to the later style pull rod. Or go a bit further and convert to a solenois with a push button. No,not factory. Butworks and makes it easy to engage starter.Or you could also move the acctuall starter buttom up onto the steering support like an H is. Several options,but since it is a museum piece,they probably want to keep it 'original'. I may have one of those brackets if you are interested.I'll have to look.
Later style pull rod would require replacing the stud on the starter with a pad, and drilling two holes to mount the saddle switch. Or a completely different starter.

As the stock M starter already has a stud on it, it's solenoid-ready.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back