Fiat hydraulic noises and leaking fuel injectors

Lawrie Webb

New User
I am new to this forum, and found an old forum that I am unable to reply to- so I hope someone could help with these two questions
I live in New Zealand and have a Fiat 450DT and a UTB 533DT (UTB being a fiat copy under licence), both tractors are strong
performers and I enjoy keeping them alive
and well.

Question 1: Would the 3 point hydraulic relief valve
(located on the hydraulic head between your
calve muscles/legs while on the seat) cause
the hydraulic lines to be noisy if the
copper washer was missing or to thin. While lifting the 3 point arms.

Question 2: I also have a badly leaking diesel fuel injector. It has two washers, a corking or similar compond washer at the top of the injector
and a copper washer at the base of
the injector located in a deep socket in
the cylinder head. I cannot get the old
diesel injector copper washer out. Any suggestions how to remove this copper washer or is this the right way to go about fixing the leaking injector

cvphoto145.jpg

I think someone on here suggested tapping a screwdriver into the center hole and pop it out. Give a shout to dieseltech on here. I don't know much about Fiat.

Thanks riveroadrat
I remember seeing something on the same lines on here.
I have just got to work out how to navigate around the site.
NZ is in a 4 week Covis 19 lockdown so I am getting to know my hydraulics on the UTB 533 quite well, lucky I got a couple other tractors to swap parts so I can slowly rule out each posibility but because of lock down I cannot go out and sorse parts our materials. Have taken apart and put back together most of the system trying to rid of whining noise
Will set to fixing diesel injectors once hydraulics sorted.
It's good to see my two boys confidence grow with the tractor as the get covered in a little oil and grease

Note- Fiat tractors supplied thier models which got rebadged under licence to UTB (Universal)tractors, Oliver and Long tractors so a lot of parts on some models are interchangeable.

(quoted from post at 23:34:12 04/11/20) Note- Fiat tractors supplied thier models which got rebadged under licence to UTB (Universal)tractors, Oliver and Long tractors so a lot of parts on some models are interchangeable.

If you do get the copper washer out & can't source another, flatten it each on a smooth file & anneal it by heating to red.
I've often done this with other copper washers, I don't know if it will cope with combustion pressure in a diesel or not, but it's surely worth a try in the circs?

I have managed to get the diesel injector copper washer out by heating, bending and sharpening the end of a screw driver and basically hooking out the washer.

However for the 533 the injectors can either be a 3 nozel or 4 nozel injectors, this must be because there are two different engines. 4 nozel injectors came in the post from Greece that I had to use to replace my three nozel injectors. All went well - no leaking diesel and the tractor runs fine.

As for the Hydraulics- I strip, inspected, tested every part of the back end through nnalert lock down only to find that the ISO 40 hydraulic oil (I had gallons left over after parting with my Detroit 671)just messed with passing through the hydraulic filter.

Cleaned old filter and double flushed hydraulic system using diesel fuel, replaced filter and used 15W 30 hydraulic oil and now system runs like new. (reckon the hydraulics would even run better on thinner oil)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back