Field boss 31

JBounds

New User
Hey folks,

I was doing maintenance on my (1987 ?) field boss 31, cleaned and re assembled the hydraulic filter (screen style) and now i have 0 hydraulics, no 3 point, no PTO and no front end loader.

Has any run into this before ? Air lock perhaps ? If that is the case is there a bleeder and where is the dang thing ?

It happens more frequently than you would think. Loosen the four bolts holding the pressure line on top of the pump. Back them out two or three turns so the flange is loose on the pump. Set the three point lift control to full lower. Start the engine for a few seconds and see if the pump will prime. That's your starting point.

Harry,

Your tip worked a treat, as soon as I fired it up the pump primed so I shut it down, tightened it all back up and everything is working as usual.

I appreciate the help very much, Thank You.

Now I can put it all back together for a job on Monday, was worried for a couple hours I wasn't goanna make that.

Jeff Bounds

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back