Field Cultivativator for Farmall 140 fast hitch.

Ashley W

New User
I'm looking at building a Field cultivator for Farmall 140 fast hitch. Does anyone have any experience building a rolling basket for the rear? It would be similar to the picture I have attached. This is one of my friends Grandpa made several years back.

Attachments

• IMG_1037.PNG
    IMG_1037.PNG
    4.9 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1036.PNG
    IMG_1036.PNG
    5 MB · Views: 84
I assume it started life as a 3 point Field cultivator he converted it to fast hitch. Agri Supply use to sale the hitch are a local guy would cut one out for $12 Shock!!!. He had a torch set up that followed a pattern it was set up at his shops front door I still can not get over how he made any money at it. He was so cheap I took what I wanted converted to him I don't remember ever paying over $25 for him to do it. I sold off all my fast hitch Equitment then set my Farmalls up to cultivate that all they have to do life is good.

I'm looking at building a Field cultivator for Farmall 140 fast hitch. Does anyone have any experience building a rolling basket for the rear? It would be similar to the picture I have attached. This is one of my friends Grandpa made several years back.
I do not have any advice on making a rolling basket but thought I'd offer a suggestion. There are field cultivators in my area that have been outgrown, hence they have been parked. It may be cheaper in the long run to find such at a reasonable price and cut it down to 4 or 5 ft where it will fit your needs. There would be leftover parts but they will not spoil, and you'd probably end up using them over time as a backup supply.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back