Flashlights

Caryc

Anybody know of a good bright LED flashlight. I can be a regular size flashlight like the old ones with 3 d cells. I don't want one of those little 6 or 7 inch things that you can put in a pocket. This will just be for around the house.

I like the zoom feature where you can push the front forward or backward to adjust it. My big problem with all those led flashlights is the switch. What I'd like to have is a switch where you push once for on and once again for off. I don't want all that other crap where once I turn it on, I have to push the button five more times to turn it off. I hate that :!: :!: :!:

Why can't they have one button for off and on and another button that cycles through all that other crap that I don't ever use anyway?

The new Maglights might have what you want, haven't bought one since they went led. The old ones last forever if the batteries
don't leak. I smear the batteries with grease before installing them, makes them easier to get out if they leak. I seem to have
more trouble with batteries leaking in recent years.

A mag light is a nice big flashlight 3 or more cells. This example of a compatible reflector/LED (of many on the market) will do what you want. It, or others bulb replacements
can make bright contributions to visibility. Jim
One example

(quoted from post at 03:09:18 04/10/21) I seem to have
more trouble with batteries leaking in recent years.

You , me and half the rest of the world Russ :cry:
I have used Energizer batteries for years , when made in the USA they never leaked , now most imported to Australia come from an Indonesian plant and they leak like sieves and ruin anything they're in .
Energizer has just sent me a $144. Voucher for the last game camera their batteries ruined. It's nice to know that they stand by their product but frankly I'd rather just be able to buy batteries that don't leak .

I have a Pelican 3315 that's bright and is only on-off, no other modes. Been good so far. I've also had great luck with the Nitecore rechargeable flashlights I've had, although they are a bit pricey. Crazy bright for a small flashlight though.

"I don't want all that other crap where once I turn it on, I have to push the button five more times to turn it off. I hate that :!: :!: :!:"

I'm with you 100% on that! I was given an LED flashlite for Christmas (by my kids) that takes you through a psychedelic lightshow each and every time you try to turn it "off". STUPID and ANNOYING, IMHO.

I carry 18v Dewalt flashlight in truck.
Another one on workbench.
Also carry 20v batteries in truck with
18v adapters. It's worked well for
years.
If you have cordless batteries check into
a flashlight that uses that battery.

George

The best affordable flashlights (I'm not paying $100 for a freakin' flashlight!) I've found over the past few years are the right angle military style found at TSC for about $14.00. Wicked bright, made of metal and they have a belt clip. They use a AA battery pack, 6 batts I think, and work great for us. Wish I'd had them back when I was still on the job.

The new army L shaped flashlights come with LED bulbs and are still as rock solid as ever. I keep a couple in my workbench, one hung up in
the cab of the magnum, and a mini one in my jacket pocket. The major downside on the mini ones is that the switch can get damaged by other
things in the pocket.

Streamlight ProTac HL3 Takes three of those 123 batteries, Much brighter than the olk Mag lite
5 cel. But the cops didn;t buy them for their lighting, but more for a baton.

Good morning Caryc and others: I found a flashlight I like quite a bit, although it does have the switch with 3 kinds of "on" and then "off". I guess the multi-switch is instead of having a zoom lens. Check out Craftsman branded light at Lowe's. they can be found sealed in bubble packs on display rack. The head swivels so it can point straight ahead or 90 degrees. A magnet in back end will hold the thing pretty well on a flat surface. Includes clip to wear it on belt or whatever....

I bought three of these little critters. Handier that my mag lights, (I have several that are the traditional 3-cell, I found that if I am trying to do some repair work, I need someone to hold the mag-light for me!).

Dennis M. in W. Tenn.

I got some off brand from the hardware
store, about a foot long and takes 6 AA
batteries, its held up for a year now so
that's not bad
cvphoto84559.jpg

Got a 2 D cell LED Maglight that is very impressive. A lot brighter than the incandescent mag lights, even after I put the led bulbs in them.

Really like the Stanley Fatmax lithium ion rechargeable. Carry one around in my truck. Has a low power setting makes the battery last longer, and high really lights things up.

Fred

Just looked at the Stanley website, apparently some people have had issues. All I can say is I've probably had mine 6-7 years with no problems
Stanley light

For bright lights I like the ones made for scuba diving. The brighter ones use the higher amp oriental batteries that have a number. Once you go to those batteries with a charger you don't need the C, D, and AA batteries anymore. Plenty of choices on Amazing. Waterproof down to 100 meters and usually twist on and off.

Personally I like LedLenser flashlights. German designed. You can get them in a variety of brightness's and sizes. A bit pricey, but they work when you turn them on, even when they have been sitting.

I think it has to do with better metalurgy (plating) on the battery contacts. My daughter the cop really likes hers and she uses it a lot.

And you can get your name engraved on it so no one else can claim it.

Cliff(VA) now (NC)
LED Lenser Flashlights

Any Streamlitght is a good one and they have many styles to choose from. My son use to be a distributor for them and i have many. Ive been carrying the little single battery led in my pocket for 10 years. It has been dropped and kicked around. Still works I really like the knuckle head light which is magnetic mount or clip on. You cant go wrong with Streamlight..
Brite lite here

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back