Flatbed progress

jon f mn

Got the flatbed I've been working on for my son mostly done yesterday. Was mostly finishing work. Plan was to put the lights in the rear tube, but they wouldn't fit outside the ramps and couldn't be seen under them. So I had to add boxes below. Cleaned up the welds and such and did some cleanup grinding. Put the floor on which is 1/8 tread bright. Made the bar to hold the ramp up. The ramp is a bit heavy as is, so we tried some torsion springs but they didn't work. They were too tight at the bottom and quit lifting too soon. They were just too strong. We are going to try something else when the parts get here. Anyway, here are some pics of it now.

cvphoto121342.jpg

cvphoto121343.jpg

cvphoto121344.jpg

Guess these pics were taken before the finish work and lights were put on. We still have a little to do on it yet, so I'll get a finished pic then. Whe. His new push mower comes We are going to add a platform above the one in these pics in front to haul that. And we need to find some way to make the ramp easier o lift. He has some gas shocks coming We are going try. Here is a short video of him loading.

Looks good and a PTO run hydraulic would solve the problem of heavy ramps and lifting. After a day of mowing hydraulics ramp would be a welcome sight instead of lifting.

get the springs for trailer ramps from a trailer suppier. they are pretty heavy duty and sure help when i am lifting my ramps.

We tried those, but they were too stiff. They wouldn't let the ramp down all the way, but still stopped lifting too soon.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back