Foam pickup bed protector

redtom

In 2006 I put a drop in bed liner in my new truck. At that time I bought, online I think, a foam bed protecting pad that laid in first to protect the paint from the agitation of the liner. It works good. I think it was about $30 and it's made out of what I call Ethafoam. About 1/8 thick. Might have been called bed saver. I have a new truck and wish I could find that liner again. I don't want a hard rubber bed mat or thick rug under that liner. And please, let's not make this a debate about spray in and drop in liners.

In 2006 I put a drop in bed liner in my new truck. At that time I bought, online I think, a foam bed protecting pad that laid in first to protect the paint from the agitation of the liner. It works good. I think it was about $30 and it's made out of what I call Ethafoam. About 1/8 thick. Might have been called bed saver. I have a new truck and wish I could find that liner again. I don't want a hard rubber bed mat or thick rug under that liner. And please, let's not make this a debate about spray in and drop in liners.
Could this be what you are looking for: https://www.weathertech.com/underliner-bed-liner/

Our Silverado, Dakota and Toyota all came with those drop in plastic bed liners, first thing I did to all 3 trucks was rip those liners out and trash them
Had a tractor head slide around and punch a hole through the liner and wheel well because of those slick pieces of plastic, some of the spray in liners are just as bad

Our Silverado, Dakota and Toyota all came with those drop in plastic bed liners, first thing I did to all 3 trucks was rip those liners out and trash them
Had a tractor head slide around and punch a hole through the liner and wheel well because of those slick pieces of plastic, some of the spray in liners are just as bad
I hate them for the same reason.

It's a double edge sword. Drop in Liner, stuff slides- spray in, stuff slides and you have a dent with spray in on it. . I've had good luck with my drop in. The best setup Is drop in with a rubber mat. Anything is better than nothing.

I find it rather ironic that one needs a liner to protect the box from the bedliner whose sole purpose is to protect the box.
Same goes for RVers who buy a cover for their RV and then want to park it in the shed to protect the cover.

I find it rather ironic that one needs a liner to protect the box from the bedliner whose sole purpose is to protect the box.
The basic problem is that particles of dirt are going to get under the liner, then they get imbedded into it so that the liner as it vibrates becomes an abrasive tool.

It's a double edge sword. Drop in Liner, stuff slides- spray in, stuff slides and you have a dent with spray in on it. . I've had good luck with my drop in. The best setup Is drop in with a rubber mat. Anything is better than nothing.

When we purchased our 2018 F-150 for the wife to drive we wanted to keep it looking good but it would and has had stuff hauled in the bed
The other trucks have rubber mats but over time the wheel wells have gotten scratched up
For the F-150 I found a company called DualLiner that offers a bed liner that has plastic sides locked in to a rubber mat
They are only made for certain years of the Big 3 US trucks but I think it’s one of the best designs available
IMG_4037.jpeg

When we purchased our 2018 F-150 for the wife to drive we wanted to keep it looking good but it would and has had stuff hauled in the bed
The other trucks have rubber mats but over time the wheel wells have gotten scratched up
For the F-150 I found a company called DualLiner that offers a bed liner that has plastic sides locked in to a rubber mat
They are only made for certain years of the Big 3 US trucks but I think it’s one of the best designs available
View attachment 69632
My 08 (now my sons) and 18 Silverados both came w/factory drop in liners. I put rubber mats in both to minimize sliding. I occasionally remove the mat to clean the bed but neither liner has ever been removed. My question to you is: Is this setup sealed so debris and water can't get under the rubber and, if not, can the rubber be removed separate from the sides?

My 08 (now my sons) and 18 Silverados both came w/factory drop in liners. I put rubber mats in both to minimize sliding. I occasionally remove the mat to clean the bed but neither liner has ever been removed. My question to you is: Is this setup sealed so debris and water can't get under the rubber and, if not, can the rubber be removed separate from the sides?
The rubber mat locks into a grove in the liner to keep derbies from getting under the mat, it does not keep water from leaking through and draining out the beds drain holes
The mat can be removed and reinstalled with minimal effort
I just have mats in the older trucks to keep items from sliding around, but I do end up with small trash, nails, nuts and screws under the edges of the mat, not with the DualLiner
The water retaining capability of the plastic liners is the second reason I chucked them. I drowned a few tools in those liners

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back